PDA

View Full Version : Bottom door panels for Series III

Ken Heaton
12-31-2007, 04:38 PM
I need to get some replacement door panels for a Series III. I need the right and left bottom door panels. I have been checking the various part websites and I notice a big difference if price between the Genuine Land Rover door panels versus the aftermarket panels. My question is does anyone have experience in this matter? Are the aftermarket panels as good as the Genuine? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

firemanshort
12-31-2007, 05:39 PM
You know.. I have got some used red door bottoms in my garage that I would love to get rid of. They have some rust in the bottom of the door frame but the door skins look OK. I am not sure what you are looking for.... but it ain't too far from Allentown to Sterling....

rvrsrvc
12-31-2007, 08:44 PM
Just bought one of each for the other 88" The body shop liked the britpart one better than the Genuine.
I purchased the Genuine one with a dent so it was cheaper, but no cheaper than an aftermarket piece.

Ken Heaton
01-01-2008, 10:14 AM
Where did you get the Britpart door panel? Did it have the galvanized strip across the top of the door? I have heard that Britpart makes good stuff.

rvrsrvc
01-01-2008, 12:46 PM
RoNorth. No galvanised strip.

Ken Heaton
01-01-2008, 01:00 PM
Are you sure that was BritPart? Rovers North lists Proline on their website.

rvrsrvc
01-01-2008, 06:16 PM
Sorry, yep it was their proline.