PDA

View Full Version : '96 Disco fuel problem

siiirhd88
01-13-2008, 05:28 PM
Our '96 Disco bumbled and stopped running the other day while going through the car wash. After we dragged it home, I found there is no power to the fuel pump. Today, I jumpered power to the fuel pump (white with purple trace wire) and the truck started and ran fine. I removed the jumper with the truck running, and it continued to run. I shut it down, and again no power to the pump.

Where is the fuel pump relay? My manual is missing at the moment, but it is weak as far as circuit diagrams anyway. I did not the fuel gauge shows hard empty and the low fuel light is on, but there is at least 1/4 tank of fuel. There is power at the fuel sender wire at the fuel pump connector.

Bob

rvrsrvc
01-13-2008, 08:24 PM
I believe it's a module near the ECU in the engine compartment-includes the engine ECU relay also.
Also ck the roll over switch on the firewall next to the washer bottle. I know you said the engine would run after removing the jumper, and the roll over should only funtion on or off and nowhere in between, but I've seen them where they are only partially tripped. It's a big metal ball that is uspposed to provide the path for the two big wires running through it.

PS. I've solved the 24v 109 driveability problem. thanks for the loaner parts! I'll post a follow up soon.

siiirhd88
01-14-2008, 06:27 PM
OK, it back running! I reset what I think is the rollover switch by depressing the top of the rubber bulb. It started once after that, but then wouldn't restart. Today I pulled all of the wire connections apart at the rollover switch, and the adjacent connector (white with a purple trace and brown wires) and sprayed the contacts with cleaner and WD-40. When plugged back in, the beast started and has run OK since. We'll see how it does tomorrow..... I think I will replace the rollover switch anyway.

Thanks,
Bob