PDA

View Full Version : Por 15...

Rineheitzgabot
01-21-2008, 08:54 PM
...or equivalent.

Does anybody have any experience with a (purported) heavy-duty rust neutralizer like POR 15?

I want to get some protection on my SIIA frame and assorted, steel, body parts. I would love your input.

Thanks,
Gary

Evan
01-21-2008, 09:16 PM
Also see Coreless(sp) from Eastwood. I think the Eastwood stuff is glass based similar to hamerite(sp)
Don't get it on you skin .. it won't come off ....ever. ask my son how I know. Dosen't like daylight ..topcoat if exposed.. buy the eching primerfrom por if your using it on galvy or 'new' metal .. Stuff is like crazyglue with pigment once it hard it isn't coming off for a few years

Ken Heaton
01-21-2008, 09:23 PM
I used the Eastwood Encapsulator on my Series, not on the frame but on the other parts, with the top coat, it seems to work.

Frank84
01-22-2008, 01:30 PM
I've used the POR-15 on my old Chevy. It went on easy, but wear rubber gloves or something. The paint is still perfect, but I only put it on a year ago and the car is always garaged and not driven in the winter so I really didn't test the stuff out well. Follow the directions - you'll spend more time preping than painting I bet. I ordered direct from POR-15 and they were great to deal with - they can answer any questions you might have.