PDA

View Full Version : what do you know?

Trevor
01-22-2008, 10:48 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this classic:

http://pennstate.craigslist.org/car/541014121.html

My brother might be interested. I thought check with the forum before I drive up there to look at it.

Thanks,

Trevor

rvrsrvc
01-23-2008, 09:48 AM
Don't know the car, but I would want to see some pix with the carpets pulled up. Old enough to have big rust issues. And, the heater blower ain't an easy fix. AB has a kit with a good quality aftermarket fan motor, but it's a long whole day's labor.
There are a couple of guys on this forum who live in that area. Maybe they can take a look ...

galen211
01-23-2008, 03:36 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this classic:

http://pennstate.craigslist.org/car/541014121.html

My brother might be interested. I thought check with the forum before I drive up there to look at it.

Thanks,

Trevor

Sven and I did look at it. It sat at a local garage for close to a year. Finally the garage told the guy he had to move it and a few weeks later it showed up on craigslist. At the time I was told it wouldn't start and he thought it had something to do with the fuel pump or relay. Must have been easy b/c as soon as it disappeared it was running again.

The rear floor boards are gone, literally gone. He told Sven's friend that he had a replacement rear floor, but you would have to cut the old out and weld the new in. If I remember correctly the headliner was camo cloth someone had stapled in place. The front of the truck looked clean but it did have the rust at the rear and the rear crossmember. Also, it had a snorkel and there was a hole in the fender where it came out. He did say he had the snorkel if you wanted to put it back on.

The upper tailgate had been replaced and was in decent shape. The interior was decent and the front bumper looked homemade, but wasn't a bad job, looked pretty good in fact. The air suspension was replaced with OME and the BFG's looked close to new.

For a daily driver it would have issues to be worked out, for a trail truck it would be great.

galen211
01-23-2008, 03:38 PM
I should add, this truck is a monkey on the guy's back he has had it so long. Offer him half of what he's asking and he might take it.

sven
01-23-2008, 04:07 PM
Yeah what Galen said ;)

Rear upper tailgate was brand new....thats about the only good thing on that truck! Rear seatbelt mounts were rotted as is the entire rear cargo floor.

Plus, it has a snorkel hole in the decker panel minus the snorkel!

Trevor
01-25-2008, 07:30 AM
Thanks for the input guys. It wouldn't be a daily driver, so maybe I'll go take a look at it.

Thanks again,

Trevor II

galen211
01-25-2008, 08:58 AM
I'll tell you six months ago he wanted $800 non-running and if the fix was something simple, go for a lot less.

If you do come up, let us know if you need any help, we are nearby.