PDA

View Full Version : burning a hole in my pocket

Unregistered
09-27-2005, 02:12 PM
I would appreciate any advice, I am new to this (just joined yesterday)
I have a 98 Discovery with the factory brushbar+lamp guards. The fog lights are gone (had to be removed to pass inspection). I've taken it camping several times, but haven't gotten REALLY dirty yet.
I finally have some money to spend to make my ride a little more capable. I would like to start with a winch, new foglights and driving lights. Any suggestions on brands? I really dont want to spend 400 on fog lights.
Also, what other upgrades are "essential." I can't afford to do everything I want to, and I am not sure in what order to upgrade. Like I said, any input would be much appreciated. And if anyone knows a good off road shop that works with rovers in central VA, I would appreciate a recomendation. Thanks!

Unregistered
09-27-2005, 02:15 PM
Can I put a snorkel on my disco? I know there are electrical issues that make it difficult to increase the wading capabilities, but somebody has to have found a way around that. Any ideas?

rmuller
09-27-2005, 02:39 PM
Check out www.discoweb.org, www.landroversonly.com or www.muddyoval.com .. you'll find a ton of info about modding your truck... I personally think the proper way to go about it is 1) suspension lift 2) bigger tires/more aggressive tread [all terrains], 3) protection [bumper, diff guards, rock sliders] ... snorkel will increase your wading capabilities by moving your air intake up higher, but there is still a lot more to worry about, etc.. just check out those other websites, there are ton of postings on where to start.

Good luck and maybe I'll see you on the trail one day!

-Ryan