PDA

View Full Version : Defender 110 Doors

ZombWagon
02-01-2008, 08:26 PM
I have an ethical question for you guys. I have done the number crunching and it appears that I can get Defender doors for a substantial savings over all of the kit and bloodshed required to unearth quality, cancer-free series doors. The only adjustment required in installing the 110 striker plate.

I do however, have the nagging problem of keeping this rare specimen original. I have always considered my self a series 3 purist, but I can't overlook the benefit of winding windows and (properly) locking doors. Not to mention the added benefit of not having two piece doors.

Thoughts?

Eric

siiirhd88
02-02-2008, 09:34 AM
I'm certainly no purist, and if I had a good set of Defender doors they would be going on the wife's 109. With the likelyhood of reduced wind noise and leakage, they would be an improvement that would not have to be permanent. You could always go back to the SIII doors..... They would also look more 'right' on a Stage 1, than on a normal SIII. If your Stage 1 is still using the wedge type door latch, the later anti burst latch is a definate safety improvement. When my SIII accident occurred, both doors popped open when the other car impacted the 88, starting the multiple rollover event. Not that it made any real difference, but i would have preferred a door beside me than the roadway.

Bob
'96 Disco SE7
'80 SIII 109
'75 SIII 88 V8
'68 SIIA 109 V8
'6? SIIA 109

I have an ethical question for you guys. I have done the number crunching and it appears that I can get Defender doors for a substantial savings over all of the kit and bloodshed required to unearth quality, cancer-free series doors. The only adjustment required in installing the 110 striker plate.

I do however, have the nagging problem of keeping this rare specimen original. I have always considered my self a series 3 purist, but I can't overlook the benefit of winding windows and (properly) locking doors. Not to mention the added benefit of not having two piece doors.

Thoughts?

Eric