PDA

View Full Version : Cold starting problems

flippedrover
02-10-2008, 10:21 PM
Once again I'm having cold start problems. Last time I had this problem was with 2 different Mean green starters. I solved this by putting a stock starting back in and its been running fine for at least 2-3 years now. I just replaces that one with a new one last Friday and it drove fine Friday. I go to my parents house for dinner tonight and there was a little hesitation starting when I life my place. When I tried to leave my parents house at 8pm no dice. Wont start. So I'm at a loss. I have a dual battery set up with a blue and red top optima. The red top is I think 6 or 7 years old. I have plenty of power so I don't think its the battery. I have power at the fuel pump I can hear it hum when I turn the key and I get a click from the relay in the dash. Pulled the two 60 amp fuses under the hood and they look fine if slightly corroded have check the other ones under the hood. What's left?

rvrsrvc
02-11-2008, 09:51 AM
Expand on hesitation. Slow crank, and then faster? Turn the key and no response, then all of a sudden full spin??

flippedrover
02-11-2008, 10:37 AM
When it started it was a turn key nothing then turn key and is started slow. When I went to leave turned the key and nothing.