PDA

View Full Version : Need Green Bible for Classic

oscar
02-25-2008, 12:04 AM
Or whatever color it is.....where's the best deal in town?

While we're at it, a parts catalogue?

Trevor
02-25-2008, 10:53 AM
I got mine (PDF) as a download from somewhere online, I'll have to see if I, or my computer, can remember where.

I believe PDF versions are widely available as both downloads and CD's for reasonable prices. If you want the actual paper copy, however, you might need to spend both more money and time looking. At some of the prices I've seen for them, it would almost be cheaper to buy a dedicated lap top to keep in the shop in order to use the digital version.

-Trevor II

billcooper
02-25-2008, 12:40 PM
For what it's worth, I fond the CD version to be the best value. I wind up printing out the section I need before I go out to the truck, and the throw them in a 3 ring binder for next time. Also, if I wind up getting them covered with oil or some other such fluid, I can just re-print them, as opposed to trashing the full bound printed version.

One warning though, the CD versions do not work with windows vista. But they do seem to work with XP and earlier.

Bill

oscar
02-25-2008, 01:40 PM
I have the CD and a laptop in the shop with WIFI from the house....

Just nice to have the paper to browse around in.

Thanks.

oscar
02-25-2008, 05:53 PM
OK, I broke down and ponied up on e-bay.....half of the highest price I found out there, 80/160 so I'm somehwat happy. Now I can stick this in my overnight bag and read on my trips.

Frank84
02-26-2008, 07:45 AM
Lots of good info in there - wish I had gotten it before I did the swivel balls.