PDA

View Full Version : LPG System

ZombWagon
03-01-2008, 05:30 PM
I am removing the UK installed LPG system from my Stage 1 V8. I have all necessary parts including the zenith carbs and manifold modified to suit (I also have SUs with manifold that will work), Newtronic ignition and distributor, hoses condenser, tank, fittings ect.
I have the installation manual and would be happy to aid in installing.

This is for a Rover V8 and would suit any rover with carbs. (Like a RR Classic Oscar) I guess I could sell it but I would love to trade any or all of it for series 3 parts.

Eric

oscar
03-01-2008, 06:58 PM
No carbs on my classic.

ZombWagon
03-01-2008, 07:33 PM
Bah! Reality is so subjective. Until I meet you, you be happily motoring on carburation... in my mind.

Zing!

Eric

oscar
03-02-2008, 12:11 AM
How's that go? One of the mythbuster guys.....Adam:

I reject your reality and substitute my own......

ZombWagon
03-02-2008, 07:42 PM
Hello again,

I also have instructions for installing this on four and six calendar land rovers wiring diagrams ect.
I never had any reason to read that part of the manual before.

At any rate. I'll be around.

Eric

oscar
03-03-2008, 07:43 AM
So, how much is LPG a gallon these days?

ZombWagon
03-03-2008, 06:05 PM
LPG is keeping pace with Gasoline. The perk comes from the extra mileage gain on this side of the pond. I'm just switching to a 4bbl carb and I dont feel like going to the trouble of buying all the crap from RPI. (who seems to be the #1 supplier). I stood and stared at the system for a good ten minutes last night trying to talk myself back into keeping because I know the government and tree huggers will probably subsidize LPG as an alternative fuel like in the UK any day now. In the end, I stuck with my decision and soothed my wallet with my prospective fuel economy savings from the new carb. All in all, I rarely ever run on LPG here in the states. Watch, I'll be back in Yorkshire next year.

Eric

oscar
03-04-2008, 04:32 AM
More mileage? I drove LPG powered vehicles on the other side of the pond and mileage was worse with LPG..... There are less BTU's per pound.

I know the government and tree huggers will probably subsidize LPG as an alternative fuel like in the UK any day now.

What reason do you have to believe that? Not much subsidizing going on here, profiteering is the norm.