rmuller
10-12-2005, 10:39 AM
definitely interested.. any more info?

Frank84
10-12-2005, 01:54 PM
I think he said the 13th - but I've been wrong before

Alvin
10-12-2005, 11:00 PM
I'm hoping Robesonia is on a Saturday. I think this might be the last event I take part in this year, and perhaps until after the baby is big enough to endure bouncing around off-road. Let me know when it is, as I would like to take off that Sunday from work, so I'll have Friday through Sunday.

Alvin
10-12-2005, 11:00 PM
BTW, cool thumbnail pic Frank.

Frank84
10-13-2005, 09:34 AM
Thanks Alvin - I guess you recognize that even without 4 inches of ice on top!

Alvin
10-13-2005, 10:31 AM
:) That was where I did my first water crossing! How could I forget. Ying said she never saw a bigger smile on my face as when I crossed that first time. It was so awesome.

Randy
10-13-2005, 03:55 PM
OK....so whats the scoop? Is it the 13th or the 19th so I can set the weekend aside. 13th is a sunday, 19th a saturday. I am hoping for the 13th....we have alot of family coming for turkey day and that weekend before will be busy! (19th)

rmuller
10-13-2005, 04:12 PM
I think I have a wedding on the 12/13th, so i'm hoping for the 19th :)

Alvin
10-13-2005, 10:32 PM
I agree with you, Ryan. I tried to ask for the 13th off and it's a no-go, so I'm hoping for the 19th. Then I will have a good chance to go.

flippedrover
10-16-2005, 08:55 PM
Please oh please be the 19th I have off that weekend.

crazyfish
10-19-2005, 11:33 PM
We will be holding the Robesonia trials event on Sun the 13th of November.

We will be having work days for the trials on both the Sat and Sun before, the 5th and 6th. all will start at 9 A.M. The Sat before the event, the 12th will be used as an alternate work day if it rains on either of the previous two. Camping can once again be done on site if desired.

And of course the Motel Deska and its wonderful beds are always available! (although just sleeping on the stone driveway may be preferred!!

Cross posted on discoweb and guns and rovers. Post other forums if you could.

JohnC
10-20-2005, 11:50 AM
Just an FYI, we will be donating a set of Waffleboards and a QT rear diff guard either for a DI, RRC, D90 & SIII SWB or DII.

Alvin
10-20-2005, 12:05 PM
:( I guess I'm out. I have to work on Sundays and that particular Sunday will be extremely difficult (if not impossible) for me to get off. In any case, hope you guys have a great time. I hope to make it there next year. John, check your PM when you get a chance. I am looking to get a QT rear diff guard and I needed some info.

flippedrover
10-21-2005, 11:46 PM
So can we have a prize for the most tired Rover owner there? I'll be comming off a 24 hour shift at work Sunday morning. :D

rvrsrvc
10-22-2005, 08:51 AM
For those who can't make the 13th, would they like to go to Rausch the following weekend? Should we start another thread?

GadgetRick
11-04-2005, 05:14 PM
I have seen the postings on the emails but I know nothing about this event other than the date. Where is it? How much is it? Details, details...give me details... :)

flippedrover
11-04-2005, 10:26 PM
http://www.roversclub.org/html/events.html at the top of that page is a registration form that has the address for the trials.

crazyfish
11-07-2005, 12:47 PM
Here is a link to the Robesonia Photo Gallery:
http://gallery.roversclub.org/thumbnails.php?album=5

Frank84
11-08-2005, 06:54 PM
Rick - come check it out. I think there is a $5 fee or something like that. I went once before just to help out and marshal. As long as you go slow and listen to the spotters you shouldn't damage anything - you can always just take a penalty if one section looks too tough. I plan on going if I can get the rocker shafts fixed before then (they're on back order). It's worth the drive to Pennsylvania - much different then doing the trails at Paragon or Ringwood.

- Frank

rmuller
11-09-2005, 12:42 AM
Okay, so which one of you want to trade places and go to a wedding for me that day, so I can go here? C'mon, I know the open bar has to be tempting.

Alvin
11-09-2005, 01:57 AM
I have seen the postings on the emails but I know nothing about this event other than the date. Where is it? How much is it? Details, details...give me details... :)
Rick, I thought I had mentioned Robesonia to you at Paragon last time. Maybe I mentioned it to someone else. If you can make it, then by all means get to Robesonia. It is awesome. I would love to go this year, but I have to work on Sundays, so I won't be able to make it. After New Year, I will be changing back to Saturdays and Sundays off, so I will be back to normal, and able to make it to more events. Then again, the baby will be here and he(she) will be pretty small. Not sure when I will get offroad again. :(

87xj95disco
11-09-2005, 10:01 PM
its great going up there
i have been helping out setting trails, poles and marks
now about 4 seasons.
i did run it 3 time but now i just help out with the
prep of the trails and spotting.
plus i get the ride the trail and have fun the weekend befor.
its great to see all the rovers out on the trail.

crazyfish
11-10-2005, 11:18 AM
Google Map Directions:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=101+Mountain+Ave,+Robesonia,+PA+19551&hl=en

GadgetRick
11-11-2005, 12:06 PM
Looks like a blast but I don't have the time to go out that far (about 135 miles from me) this weekend. I kept seeing stuff in the emails going out but nothing ever really explained it. Heck, even on the link on the website it doesn't tell where it is. Not a big deal as this weekend would be tough for me to get away anyway.

I'll have to plan to be there next year. Looks like a lot of fun. Sorry I can't make it. :(

crazyfish
11-11-2005, 12:55 PM
It's a trials event. About 10 sections where you drive about 3 miles an hour and try to get over all the obstacles without hitting the marking canes. Rather difficult and techical driving in an old ( like ancient ) rock quarry/woods setting.

Everything from Series, 101's D-90's, Disco's and RR show up. Possiblity of damage, but spotters are abundant if you wish. It's on private property with lunch being served and excellent prizes, a 50/50 money raffle and tons of other goodies.

The link to the Robesonia Gallery gives a quick idea of the terrain. Nothing impossible, but some sections get a bit "thrilling". Always bypasses available.

It's not like rock crawling, or forest roads, but a bit of everything mixed into a very short area. A great social event as well. Before my 109 was up to going, I just went to watch and have fun.

jason
11-12-2005, 03:51 PM
Galen will be on hand to take pictures and write a review explaining the festivities in the next Fairlead newsletter. The Robesonia trials is compact enough you can't get lost, unlike a trail ride, and it's as easy or difficult as you want it to be. If you can only make one event per year, this is the one. Great prizes, great fun, great people, definitely one of the best events the club offers.

kirkt
11-14-2005, 12:57 PM
http://kirkt.smugmug.com/gallery/965970

Some pictures - What a great day and a huge turnout. Enjoy. If you want a hi-res version, contact me off list:

kthibault@biomechanicsinc.com

and reference the image number or filename.

Enjoy!

Randy
11-14-2005, 05:42 PM
I just want to thank Jason and Tom and all the folks who worked to set the trials up again! It was alot of fun running the course "backwards"!! Special thanks to the McMullan family for the use of their wonderful property, we are blessed to have them as part of our world.

As I mentioned to Jason at the end of the event....I can be talked into bringing the smoker for the spring event if you are all interested. I can buy ribs in bulk from Sams Club and provide you with something different for lunch.

crazyfish
11-15-2005, 01:17 AM
Another outstanding event. Thanks to McMullans for hosting it and to all those who worked the work days and organizing.

Fast Info-
1st -17 points Evan Price in his stock 88
2nd- 28 points Bill Simone stock 88
3rd- 36 points Randy Maynard Disco

Prizes from 4x4AG
Waffle boards, QT diff guards ( how many? ) and a fairlead.
T-shirts from Land Rover Westchester, Peter Reed and ROVERS club

Randy M won the 50/50 of over $100

Send a cd video tape, or email video and pics to me at sean@crazyfishdesigns.com

Oh yeah, and Jamie destroyed something in the front end....

Peter
11-15-2005, 01:56 PM
Thanks for making this event the best around. Everyones hard work really paid off.