PDA

View Full Version : Event Ideas

galen211
03-12-2008, 08:10 AM
Trevor G and I were talking about events this weekend and I wanted to see what other people thought.

Trevor had a really good idea to meet up some Saturday or Sunday at the Auto Museum in Hershey. Have brunch beforehand at the Hershey Lodge and tour the museum.

Also, we talked about a beginner day at Rausch Creek. Taking some of the more experienced people and having them lead groups through the park. Robesonia is a great place to learn, but sometimes it is better when you are not worrying about little gates to travel through.

I would really like to see a Series only event of some kind. I think seeing a whole pile of Series trucks in one place would be really neat. Of course we can have some kind of coiler event too.

What do you guys think? Any ideas for new/different events?

EDIT: I should add, events need not be off-road, but they also can be hardcore off-road. I just want ideas.

rvrsrvc
03-12-2008, 08:30 AM
How about this: The 7th Annual Vintage Hershey Hillclimb and Motorshow is the weekend of May 3-4 (also my birthday).
I'm sure other motor clubs are thinking similar ideas, but maybe that could be the day we go to the musuem and attend the hill climb. That way, if the weather is awful, we can get inside.

Subaru is usually the Official car of the event and are used as sweep cars (the Hillclimb is about a mile), but many of the local car clubs get to do a lower speed demo run up the hill between heats. Could you see a train of Series Rovers trying to get up the hill in a reasonable amount of time? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

And the big, I mean really big, Hershey AACA Swap meet in the fall. We might do better to attend the show as a club and get better parking!

Trevor
03-28-2008, 10:44 AM
No one else has replied to this thread, so I'll try to bring it back to life.

Trevor had a really good idea to meet up some Saturday or Sunday at the Auto Museum in Hershey. Have brunch beforehand at the Hershey Lodge and tour the museum.

How about this: The 7th Annual Vintage Hershey Hillclimb and Motorshow is the weekend of May 3-4 (also my birthday).
I'm sure other motor clubs are thinking similar ideas, but maybe that could be the day we go to the musuem and attend the hill climb. That way, if the weather is awful, we can get inside.

This sounds like a great idea to me. I was born and raised in Elizabethtown, and believe it or not have never been to the museum, or the motorshow/hillclimb. My wife and I have been talking about going over to the museum one day, but I'd gladly wait and do it with the club (everything has to be more enjoyable with a bunch of Rovers involved, right?).

I would also definitely be up for a beginner day at Rausch Creek. I think there are probably a bunch of new guys, me especially, who would benefit from such a day.

I guess to get these events rolling people need to express some interest. So, if your interested, post a reply.

-T2

rvrsrvc
03-28-2008, 05:09 PM
I went to the museum to gather info like discount ticket prices and what not. Come on peeps, who's in?

As far as a day at The RC, I'm thinking of April 26th.

Rineheitzgabot
03-28-2008, 05:21 PM
I think an all-Series event is an excellent idea. Especially if it were in Fort Wayne, IN. :)

Disco96JSWB
03-29-2008, 08:37 PM
I have big scheduling issues with kids' activities this year but . . .

My son and I will be at RC on April 26th if there's not a baseball game (but I bet there will be . . . ).

He and I were at the Hershey Hillclimb last year in April. It was a lot of fun.

The museum is on my list of things to do also, although I'd vote for a date after Little League ends.

One favorite car show of mine is the British Car show in late August (24th this year) at the polo field in Rothsville near Lancaster.

- Jeremy

Evan
03-29-2008, 09:42 PM
How about a day here www.oldrhinebeck.org

derekdilks
04-17-2008, 09:02 AM
Anyone else up for the museum in the morning, off-road in the afternoon idea?

derekdilks
05-04-2008, 10:31 AM
bump, ok guys seriously, when is the next outing? Let's get some trucks together again. Rausch Creek? How about the last weekend in May? It's the weekend after Memorial Day this year. Or we could do a "work outside of the office day" Weekday runs are great, guilty pleasure of skipping out on work, park to ourselves etc...

rvrsrvc
05-04-2008, 02:32 PM
FYI the BSROA is coming to Rausch on June 13th weekend.

Frank84
05-06-2008, 09:47 AM
bump, ok guys seriously, when is the next outing? Let's get some trucks together again. Rausch Creek? How about the last weekend in May? It's the weekend after Memorial Day this year. Or we could do a "work outside of the office day" Weekday runs are great, guilty pleasure of skipping out on work, park to ourselves etc...

I was hoping to go out to Rausch that same weekend - May 31/June1st. I'll probably camp somewhere.

sven
05-06-2008, 10:30 AM
I'd be into a weekday run. I have plenty of vacation days left.:D

derekdilks
05-11-2008, 07:53 PM
OK it looks like the weekend of the 31st is open for some folks. How's 9:00AM Saturday at the park. If anyone wants to get together Friday night for drinks or camping I'm game. Heck I'd do a Friday run if anyone wants to get a head start.

rvrsrvc
05-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Wow, I'm good too! Tyler and I will camp Friday...

Frank84
05-12-2008, 08:25 AM
I'm going to drive out friday night and camp somewhere - anybody camping at Rausch?

9am saturday works for me. What type of trails do you guys want to run? I'd like to do greens/blues so I can have fun and still have a chance of driving home under my own power...

rvrsrvc
05-12-2008, 08:58 AM
I'm game with staying at RC. It's just me, the older boy and the dog, so we don't need no stinkin' hairdriers or flush toilets.

Disco96JSWB
05-12-2008, 10:05 AM
May 31st is Jake's last baseball game of the regular season, so we can't make it.

A weekday at Rausch Creek is appealing, however. Any suggestions for a day?

- Jeremy

derekdilks
05-12-2008, 12:43 PM
Guess we should move this thread over to the events area. Jeremy, I'm game that Friday the 30th, or we can plan for something sooner.

galen211
05-12-2008, 12:47 PM
I think I feel a cold coming on for the 30th. :) Did I mention I can't take my sick days with me?

derekdilks
05-12-2008, 01:48 PM
[QUOTE=galen211]I think I feel a cold coming on for the 30th. :) Did I mention I can't take my sick days with me?[/QUOTE

Thread moved to events...