PDA

View Full Version : 95 Swb

rvrsrvc
03-25-2008, 09:39 PM
Time to buy a modern pick-up for the business-the Rangie and the 109 gotta go.
95 SWB Green/light stone interior. I've known this Rover since new and serviced it from teh day the warranty expired. 169k, strong 3.9
The good:
Borla cat back; RTE diff guards, 2" RTE springs, sliders w/o nerf bars; RTE steering bar and damper relocation; Bilsteins; 235/85 REVO A/T w/ plenty of tread; combo of EE and RTE shock mounts and spring retainers; rotoflex elimination conversion done;fuel tank recall performed and new fuel pump immediately after; trailer wiring with brake controller; in the last 30k miles: radiator, front and rear ceramic pads and Brembo rotors, alternator; seat heaters work very well, factory radio/cd kicks nicely; complete set of Genuine waterproofs front and rear; rear tailgate in good/functioing condition; cold a/c

The bad:
paint not shiny; dent in RR door, bonnet rusted through currently held down with Moroso hood pins, crack in windscreen above wiper's swept area on passenger's side-that hasn't failed PA inspection yet; no cruise; off throttle noise at highway speeds sounds like exhaust hitting but I haven't tried hard to find it; intake manifold leaking oil.

Asking $3750-has issues as listed above, but has been super reliable and this was going to be the Rover I was going to take to Labrador this summer.

Email, PM for pix

Trevor

galen211
03-26-2008, 07:49 AM
I'll trade you a super sweet Mercury Mystique for it. Wish I could buy this, it is a great price.:mad:

Trevor
03-26-2008, 12:00 PM
Trevor,

Sorry to hear some Rovers have to go. Just out of curiosity, what pick up are you looking to get?

I'll trade you a super sweet Mercury Mystique for it.

I'll trade you an '86 Dodge Ram, brand new tailgate, two tires hold air, dump bed not included. It's indestructible, all the fluids leak out as soon as you put them in, but it keeps running. Hmmm, actually I think you'd be better off w/ Galen's Mystique.

-T2

rvrsrvc
03-26-2008, 02:21 PM
Pretty certain I'm going to have a crew cab, short bed.

Diesel? Maybe. Used? Definetly.

Drove the 109 today and wondered if I shouldn't keep it. It's a perfect vehicle for me. Alone. Can't hear anybody anyway.

The third aspect of my vehicle issues is with the Kubota- 5 times to the dealer for the same issue and I'm tired of spending that kind of money for something I can't rely on. So, if I sell it, I'll still need a tractor. Which will probably take away from the new-to-me truck budget.

Listen to me whine! I've got three Rovers, two of which start without a jump box! Why would I want anything else!

The smart thing would be to keep all of the Rovers and keep them going instead of buying a new car and adding to my carbon footprint.

flippedrover
03-26-2008, 02:34 PM
Akk getting ride of my ride are you?? Actually if this is the one that I've driven a few time when mine was broken its a very nice rover.

rvrsrvc
03-26-2008, 06:06 PM
Entertained another idea today: Pick up an early Disco 3 or Mk III Rangie. Surely they're coming down now that everyone is dumping them for more fuel efficient cars, have plenty of seating (especially the D3) and a higher towing capacity.
PLus, as they come off warranty (3-4 years old now), they'll start trickling into the aftermarket for upgrades and maintenance.
Hmmmm

Trevor
03-27-2008, 07:26 PM
If I can find someone to pay this: http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/car/618474302.html for mine,
I'll buy yours.

Somehow I don't think there are many people out there willing to pay double the book value... but if the Chicago market is that good I'll be sending my beloved rangie out to my brother with a for sale sign on it.

crazyfish
03-27-2008, 10:06 PM
I'll up the offer. One rusty but repaired 109 frame complete with a dented bed, one goofed up front axle, two rusted window tracks complete with indigenous growth, 4 wheel bearings, 4 new stock springs, a bucket of rusted bolts and one extra can of genuine NAPA spray paint for touch ups.

Ok, Ok, it's not enough, so I'll add two broken spotlights, one unrepairable wiper motor, running boards from a 89 Rangie, one Warn winch hook and highway bars from a 1975 Honda 440.

But wait! There's more. I have a series 3 steering wheel plastic cover part, a turn signal from a 1930's vehicle, two spare brake lines, and a couple of lenses that don't seem to fit any series.

oscar
03-28-2008, 12:29 AM
Hey, those RR running boards in restorable condition??

rvrsrvc
03-28-2008, 07:37 AM
I do have a set of good running boards that came from a Disco I. The DI and the RRC (not LWB) often have the same part number for the side steps so they should fit. Complete with most of the hardware and mud flaps.
$100