PDA

View Full Version : 109 Dbl Cab

rvrsrvc
03-25-2008, 09:53 PM
Same as with Rangie, I really need a pick-up for the business so the 109 has to go. Plus, I can't hear Max from the back seat, the seats aren't big enough to support his car seat safely and the dog can't ever get comfortable.

The good:
Starts every time. Runs to 60 mph as well as any other Series. New radiator and thermostat. Temp gauge indicates higher than actual temp. 6 seater with seat belts on every seat. All three rubber brake hoses new. Rhino lined interior and bed. New battery and holddown. Really is more fun than I expected.
The bad:
Rusty bulkhead, solid frame. Paint applied with a brush or roller over lots of bondo; doors don't shut well all the time- and rust falls out every time you slam them. The 2.5 engine smokes on start up and has a noise but hasn't blown up in the last 400 miles I've put on it. Has military under seat fuel tank that now has a hole in it from running over a rock in the back yard. Original rear tank still works just fine. Equipe recovery point on rear cross member and front bumper. Heater box rusted through but I have a new one. For a LHD version.

Asking $5750

Does not include the black steel wheels with Truxs M/T's.

galen211
03-26-2008, 07:47 AM
I drove this truck and mechanically it runs very well. The steering is excellent (made me realize mine needs work) and all the gears are good.

It would be a fun truck!

derekdilks
04-07-2008, 11:20 PM
Tevo, why don't you try to sell the 94 LWB I just bought, whatever you get for it, I'll give you for the 109...

rvrsrvc
04-08-2008, 12:01 PM
Here's a few pix