87xj95disco
03-28-2008, 06:31 AM
called West Chester Land Rover to see what up with the
recall.
I talked to Gary he said that everything will be taken care of
and what needs to be replace will be.
I asked him about 3-4 times that i will not getting a bill for this
and he said no. we will see what happens when i pick it up on
saturday. it only to about a day to do. they had all the parts in stock.
lets see what happens

bens101fc
03-30-2008, 08:32 AM
called West Chester Land Rover to see what up with the
recall.
I talked to Gary he said that everything will be taken care of
and what needs to be replace will be.
I asked him about 3-4 times that i will not getting a bill for this
and he said no. we will see what happens when i pick it up on
saturday. it only to about a day to do. they had all the parts in stock.
lets see what happens

Luck you. When I had LR Princton, NJ do that job on my leaking '96 it took them almost a week to get it done. First they had the parts, then they didn't. Then they had to order extra parts. You'd think that when you book a time weeks in advance, that they could have the parts on hand. But it was free.

When I asked them to look into some other minor issues, their comment was , "We can't work on anything until we replace your ECU." Hmmm, the car starts and works fine for me now, so how is that broken. No answer from them.

Ben

Tom109
03-30-2008, 11:35 AM
Ben,

I always try to keep the dealer on a short leash. I removed my after-market (fuel) skid plate, brought them a new fuel pump with all ancillaries, and walked-out with zero balance. Princeton seems very up-tight about ECU's in general, and will not 'reset' on all issues. (I wonder if they somehow bounce this responsibility to the servicing Tech?) So, you're in 50/50 land if you have a MIL/CEL on when asking for a simple repair...

Tom P.

bens101fc
03-31-2008, 10:31 PM
Ben,

I always try to keep the dealer on a short leash. I removed my after-market (fuel) skid plate, brought them a new fuel pump with all ancillaries, and walked-out with zero balance. Princeton seems very up-tight about ECU's in general, and will not 'reset' on all issues. (I wonder if they somehow bounce this responsibility to the servicing Tech?) So, you're in 50/50 land if you have a MIL/CEL on when asking for a simple repair...

Tom P.

I also removed the skid plate before I took it in. I also told them not to replace the fuel pump since I had head stories of them changing fuel pumps w/o asking and charging the customers, since "they all fail about this time". However I had replaced mine in the past year, I didn't want to get another "new" one.

I had to get my tank replaced as it was leaking gas. Sooner or later I need to send in my wife's for the same recall.

Ben

rvrsrvc
04-01-2008, 11:53 AM
I had no issues with my 95 SWB RRC, but took it in for the recall. Had left it there for a few days, picked it up and immediately smelled fuel.
They said leave it and they'll get to in about 2 weeks!
I chose not to, and found they cracked the return pipe into the pump. Obviously, I didn't purchase the replacement from them.

I wasn't expecting any favours as I only spent $9k with them last year in parts, and only had three customers buy vehicles from them, but wow, that was a little disappointing. Especially it was obviously related to what they had just repaired!

oscar
04-01-2008, 02:56 PM
Sounds like you need to send a little hate mail to the owner.

87xj95disco
04-02-2008, 08:56 PM
got the rover back on the 22nd ,n/c on all that was replaced
hoses, tank, pump, nuts, lock nut, i took it in the saturday before since they
dont do that kind of work on a saturday.
got the phone call monday about 1:30 and it was done.
now 4-2-08 no smell of gas and the gauge is working right since it
was giving me a false reading.
make sure that you call well ahead of time so they have the parts there
he said it may take 2 days because of parts but after looking it up
everything they needed was there.
so as on now i am pleased with West Chester Land Rover. i will
post the invoice so everyone can check it out then