PDA

View Full Version : OK4WD Rock Krawl 2008

cshontz
04-02-2008, 12:06 AM
Hey guys, we have an off-road event coming up on April 26th and 27th. I would personally love to see the Land Rover contingent sufficiently represented. I don't recall us getting more than a few Rovers each year, but its in your area and I think you might enjoy it.

http://www.ok4wd.com/index.php/static/rockkrawl

I'm Chris in the silver Cherokee. If you're there, look me up. I'd love to possibly run trails with you on Sunday.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2390/2367289378_6ca6582649.jpg

roverthen
04-02-2008, 10:08 AM
Hey Cris. I've been meaning to pay OK4WD a visit. This might be a good opportunity to do so.

solihull109
04-03-2008, 06:59 AM
OK4WD is a great shop!. I personally know Mike Rouch and have raced with ( against) him at Line Mtn. He ALWAYS gets me outstanding deals on things that NO ONE else can!..
The rock crawl event is usually kick a__:)

87xj95disco
04-03-2008, 07:10 AM
lets try to do a club day at to the event.
see if i can get off work to go.
i should take my rover but take off the running boards
the course doesnt look to hard but fun

cshontz
04-03-2008, 07:59 AM
the course doesnt look to hard but fun

There are lines over and around the rock pile of all difficulty levels, and we just put a nice smooth coating of concrete on it. Actually, the concrete hadn't set yet in the picture I posted up top. Otherwise, I would've tried to take a picture up there. It looks really grippy! :)

We also added a log bridge. I'm trying to convince 'im to dig out under the log bridge and run the trail under it - but that's for another year, I think.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2409/2348415964_c5b805ed91.jpg

Joe
04-03-2008, 06:11 PM
Where are the rocks?! I tried climbing that hill last year at the grand opening and it was covered with huge rocks all the way to the top! I slid off one of them and did some damage...had to drive back to Central NJ with my flasher on since no one knew where the reset button was to turn them off. Also, backing down I smacked my new ARB rear bumper. Don't know if I am going to try that again. The hill in your picture looks like a "before" shot.

Total day was not a wash-out since the ARB factory guy gave me some free stuff since I was the only Rover there with front and back ARB bumpers.

Disco96JSWB
04-03-2008, 06:39 PM
My boys have Little League games on the Saturday, but we plan to head over to Rausch Creek on Sunday the 27th. We'll pay the regular fee. I'm guessing 9am is about the right time to get there.

- Jeremy

cshontz
04-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Many of the rocks were shuffled around, and the coating of concrete will make it much more viable for a wider range of vehicle configurations, including those with less ground clearance. I'm glad, because this will give more folks a chance to try it out, while still being pretty gnarly too.

87xj95disco
04-03-2008, 07:32 PM
does it cost anything to do the course
do they do this every year if so let us know when the next event is
so we can plan for the club to go.
i would take my jeep but it would take about 4-5 hours to get there
the jeep is slow not made for highway use.

cshontz
04-04-2008, 12:39 PM
does it cost anything to do the course
do they do this every year if so let us know when the next event is
so we can plan for the club to go.
i would take my jeep but it would take about 4-5 hours to get there
the jeep is slow not made for highway use.

I'm not sure how Saturday admission is going to be coordinated, but the Saturday event is free (includes running the course). The only fees are possibly Rausch Creek membership and passenger fees on Sunday. Many folks are heading to RC from OK on Saturday night and camping out.

Yup, we have the Rock Krawl every year - usually toward the end of April or early May.

Brian
04-10-2008, 06:08 AM
Hi Chris

Since it is for the whole family are dogs allowed.

Thanks

Brian

cshontz
04-10-2008, 11:39 AM
Since it is for the whole family are dogs allowed.

Yup! :)

cshontz
04-10-2008, 11:58 AM
Actually, let me elaborate...

Dogs are allowed at our event on Saturday, but not allowed in the building. Also, dogs are allowed at Rausch Creek on Sunday, but must be kept on a leash, according to their web site. Hope to see you there!

cshontz
04-17-2008, 01:22 PM
I tried out the rock pile last week, and again today. The concrete made it easier for the most part. People with enough ground clearance are going to walk all over it without much trouble. Stockers and moderately modified vehicles are going to have to stay on their toes, but its definitely viable. Its still pretty easy to pick a bad line and end up on your roof, however.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2303/2406956589_1c78d48227_b.jpg