PDA

View Full Version : May 3rd in Hershey

rvrsrvc
04-20-2008, 12:58 PM
So, who would like to go to the AACA Museum in the morning and then watch the Vintage Hillclimb in the afternoon?
Bring the kids and hit Chocolate World also!

If we put a group together we can purchase discount tickets for the musuem and if it rains, we may be very popular at the hillclimb parking area!

Rob P
04-27-2008, 04:00 PM
vintage hillclimb as in Motorcycle hillclimb type stuff? I know where the museum is, right up rt. 39 from Hershey park correct?

rvrsrvc
04-27-2008, 07:36 PM
Ck out www.svvscc.org This year's featured marque is Corvette!

tikicar
04-27-2008, 08:11 PM
I will probably go to the Hill Climb but pass on the Museum. Weather permitting I will go to the Ephrata bike breakfast in the morning. I have been to the hillclimb several times. It is a good event, and you are correct. If at all damp that field you park in is a swamp. One very rainy year at the Hershey swap meet I had to pick up a old Columbia two speed rear at the far end of the field. I was driving a 99 F250 4x4 diesel and it crab walked all the way down the aisle. You could get your shoes sucked right off your feet if not wearing boots. Scott

Rob P
04-28-2008, 09:57 PM
ok, I looked at the video, not a motorcycle hill climb at all. Looked neat though. Might try to talk the lady into it.

How much to get into this fine event? I didn't see that listed, only the $25 entry fee. (can you enter a Disco?)

rvrsrvc
04-29-2008, 06:52 AM
The Disco is in a class with other all-wheel drive/ 4 wheel drive: audi Quattro Turbo, Audi S4, Lamborghini LM002, Lancia Fulvia, Jensen Interceptor FF. Chances of a new hill record: similar to a snow ball's survival on your cupholder during any day in August. With the windows open.

There maybe a small charge for parking per car as you come in off of Rte. 39. There are food vendors there as well.

Haven't worked on timing yet...

Rob P
04-29-2008, 08:57 PM
The G.F. says it, "Doesn't look too bad, when is it?"

Spectator Summary Saturday & Sunday
(Free Shuttle bus service available both days)

1. Admission & Times: The HVH and
Motor Show spectator entrance is at PA
Route 39 North and Boat House Road.
There is a daily parking fee but no general
admission fee for spectators. The
gates will open each day at approximately
7:00 a.m. with The Hill in operation from
8:00 a.m. until late afternoon both days

rvrsrvc
05-01-2008, 08:43 PM
Okay.
The museum opens at 9am and the featured exhibit is cars from the Brass Era 1890-1915.
The Hillclimb starts around 8-ish and runs all day.

Here's my suggestion: Why not go to the Hillclimb first since it's a once a year thing, and if the weather becomes lousy, we could head over to the Musuem to get out of the rain? I'm being a little selfish as I'm taking a 3 year old with me and trying to form a contingency plan!

There's a Sheetz (and Bob Evans and McD's ) on the left of Hershey Park Drive just after the exit from 322. I'll be there at 9am and we can all convoy the last couple of miles together, or here's my mobile number and we'll meet up at the hillclimb: 410.227.2523

Trevor