PDA

View Full Version : 1973 Series 3 For Sale

George the Rover
05-01-2008, 08:01 PM
1973 Land Rover Series 3 station wagon. Safari roof with double skin and vents, alpine windows. Overdrive gearbox, Weber carb, locking front hubs. 16" rims, 3 spare tire mounts (inside, bonnet and rear door). Full length galvanized roof rack that inlcudes rear ladder (not pictured) Upgraded class III tow hitch, Galvanized rock sliders replace the aluminum rockers. New drivers and passenger seats, remainder of interior in very good shape. Dash upgraded with a tachometer and clock from an MGB. Later style double single seats on drivers side (rear) and original single bench seat for passenger side (I use it to hold the removablae door tops) Newer galvanized rear frame crossmember and newer front frame "horns". No rust in front "breakfast, some corrosion in the lower doors and lower door hinge panels. Paint is 7 years old, on a stripped to bare aluminum job. Some frame rust has been tended to and per the pictures, there are a few spots that need attention, nothing major at all. Overall an "older" restoration that still looks great, turns heads and could use some a weekend of TLC.

Mechanically this truck is unbeatable. Extremely reliable, has been driven all over the northeast to go off-roading/camping. Has never let me down. Always starts up and idles like a Lexus!! I have owned this truck for 11 years, and love it. I currently have too many other british cars, including a Disco and Range Rover, and this one never gets used anymore. Time for someone else to enjoy it.

See detailed photos at my website; http://www.motorcar-garage.com/gallery.asp?action=gallery&subaction=gallery&pid=44

Pete
856-667-6657
NJ

crazyfish
05-01-2008, 08:53 PM
How much?

George the Rover
05-02-2008, 07:48 PM
$12,000.