PDA

View Full Version : Land Rover Series Introduction Kit

crazyfish
06-15-2008, 10:29 PM
So, you've always wanted a Series Land Rover but you haven't been able to pull the trigger on the purchase. You have all of the following symptions:

You surf all of the online Land Rover forums
You know about George at Rovers Down South
You have a burning desire to drive slowly
A radio is not really an option you care about, nor in car conversatioins

There are so many reason to get one of these very capable and classic machines, so today I'm offering you the chance to start your very own Land Rover Series Starter Kit.

This incomplete kit should be kept in a sealed plastic bag near your office desk or on your bedside table. This is effective in two ways: 1) Your spouse will get the idea of the glory and glamour of owning a Series and 2) You will be reminded of all the fantastic time you and your Series will be spending together.

Pictured is the mostly complete remains from the rear window tracks of a nice 1966 Series IIa 109 5 door station wagon. Judging from the condition, these are indeed rare factory orginal. This job is usually a nightmare to do, but if you wait long enough, they will just fall out.

Order today and recieve at no additional charge ( just pay shipping and handling ) the orginal rubber seals. Absolutly useless but since you are dreaming of owning an icon you must have these also. Every Series comes with spare parts, left over from the Previous Owner, sometimes even the Stupid Previous Owner. Imagine the chance to be Pre-owner with LR rusty junk!

With this kit you can indeed convince your friends that you are serious about getting a Series without the normal psychological questioning. If you are a Level Two, ( drooling at any Series you see, pointing them out on TV and have the search saved in your Ebay ) I will also include some used 90wt oil in the ziplock bag.

When you surf LRX, just get the full experience by opening the bag, run your fingers through the rust flakes, take a full whiff and rub some of the oil under your nails.

This also may sooth D-90 itches but not Range Rover or Disco.

Willard
06-15-2008, 11:59 PM
That was bloody hilarious. :D

rvrsrvc
06-16-2008, 09:14 AM
Here's a S3 in kit form.

rvrsrvc
06-16-2008, 09:15 AM
Actually, the first pix were in stealth mode:

cboy
06-16-2008, 12:06 PM
When I got my first Series, my friend's kid said it's just like his model car just bigger :D

crazyfish
06-23-2008, 11:50 AM
Today only, as an added bonus, you will receive parts and pieces of an original wiring loom. Straight from the factory in 1966, this not so carefully thought out wiring harness is ragged, shagged, twisted, hacked, spliced and generally degraded. Completely covered in oil from a bad gaskets giving up way before their time. Guaranteed to be missing critical parts and not suitable for anything.

Do not ingest or rub in eyes as this may cause a serious reaction. You may however, stare at it while scratching your head. Parts included are: Original Harness plus parts from 1966 up until 2004. Color codes were obviously not necessary during upgrades. Original Lucas smoke not included as this was saved for the restoration/frame swap of the Short Bus.

spechols
06-23-2008, 12:05 PM
Looks better the the one on my zebra - you may want to keep it as an extra!