PDA

View Full Version : York Pa. July Get Together

tikicar
06-25-2008, 06:31 AM
Hey guys, I was thinking of doing a summer get together in York. We could meet anywhere. I was thinking the Chilis on the east end of town. Closer to Lancaster and only a few miles off 83. Or we could do a cook out at my house which is very close by. Post if you are interested and what dates you have open. For me evenings are ok or Sunday for a day thing. Scott

rvrsrvc
06-25-2008, 06:52 AM
Sounds great!
We'll be in Moab from the 6th through the 18th, but other than that we should be available.

pushngo
06-25-2008, 12:52 PM
Yea sounds great I was thinking about doing something in Central Park in Lancaster just never got around to it as with so many other things

Tomb228
06-25-2008, 01:29 PM
Yeah let's do it. I'm out of town for the weekend of the 4th but otherwise pretty free the rest of the month.

galen211
06-25-2008, 05:17 PM
Late in the month I may be able to swing a visit to my parents on a weekend.

tikicar
06-25-2008, 09:06 PM
Well how about Sunday the 27th?

spitfire1776
06-27-2008, 09:27 AM
Count me in. Long Level would be a good spot for a cook-out. Kind of Central for York, Lancaster and E-town.

Ken Heaton
06-27-2008, 01:58 PM
I would also be interested.

Trevor
06-27-2008, 05:02 PM
Towards the end of the month should work for me. I can't say for sure though until closer to the time.

87xj95disco
06-27-2008, 05:43 PM
the 27th should work for me
i have enough time to get off work for this.
just name the place and time

siiirhd88
06-27-2008, 09:48 PM
We will likely be out of town at the end of the month and unable to attend.... York is only 30 minutes away, and Long Level about 15.

Our typical luck.
Bob

Rob P
06-27-2008, 10:12 PM
I'm interested, I'll have to try to check back into this folder oftener. (Love that York english don't ya?)

03springer
06-30-2008, 03:50 PM
It`s been awhile since I`ve been on the forum or did anything else for that matter. The 27th sounds good to me. Does anyone know when the annual picnic will be?

Bob

tikicar
07-18-2008, 10:04 PM
Ok, we are about a week away. Who is sure they are coming. Next is what time frame is best for you. Mid afternoon, early evening? Scott

Rob P
07-19-2008, 04:07 PM
That date is still open on the calender for me. Afternoon and where? Just meeting for a meal or meeting for an afternoon of stuff?

rvrsrvc
07-19-2008, 07:52 PM
I'm in and would prefer mid afternoon.

tikicar
07-19-2008, 10:29 PM
Mid afternoon is fine. I figured just meet, eat and hang out and chat etc. Nothing planned in stone. It depends on how many are coming as to where we meet. If not many we can just do burgers and dogs at my house. I will supply the meat and chips etc. Bring your own drinks. I have no problems with kids as long as they are well behaved. My house is old and full of old stuff. Think Father knows best meets Johnny Quest. All 50s-60s stuff and not kid proof or easily replaceable. If not we could meet at Chilis on the East side. For some reason it is better than the one on the west end. Large parking lot and good food and plenty of stores for wives and kids if they are bored talking rovers. Plus Chilis bottomless chips and Salsa are good! Either way works for me. My wife will be fencing in the morning at the Keystone games so mid afternoon is best for us. I am letting it up to you guys so just let me know. Thanks, Scott

pushngo
07-20-2008, 10:41 AM
I forgot the wife had an outing planned in Baltimore Sat nite spending the night and Sunday by the pool I will call on my way through York and see if anyone is still around.

Tomb228
07-21-2008, 02:25 PM
I'm going to a wedding in Hershey on Saturday and spending the night but I should still be able to make it for something mid/late afternoon.

edit: I just noticed the typo in my sig line lol

tikicar
07-23-2008, 08:06 PM
Well I am not getting much feedback so I guess we will do it at my house. I am figuring 2:30 this Sunday. I am only a few minutes off Rt30 from the Hellam exit or a few minutes from 83 from the Mt. Rose exit. I am at 1200 homewood rd. 17402 if you want to map quest or just ask and I can give you directions. PM me for my cell number if you need it. If you guys want a different time or something let me know. I will be doing burgers and dogs. Bring your own drinks. I would like some sort of head count so chime in if you think you can make it. Thanks, Scott

Rob P
07-23-2008, 10:21 PM
Yes, I'll be there and I'll have at least one child (14yr old) with me and if everyone is healthy my S.O. and the baby will be along as well. More than willing to bring along something besides just something to drink. Just let me know what.

rvrsrvc
07-24-2008, 01:40 PM
I'm in, just me.

tikicar
07-24-2008, 07:34 PM
Hi Rob, Wife & Baby are fine. If there is something you want to bring then feel free. I will have burgers, dogs, chips pretzles etc. Trevor, You can bring your dog if you like since I have never seen you without him. My cat will be locked in the bed room. I was also thinking later we could do a run down to Macks in Hellam. Only 15 minutes from my place. That way the Lancaster guys can head home from there as well. Just a thought. Oh, bring your own lawn chairs if you have them. I have some but maybe not enough if we get a bunch of people. Scott

siiirhd88
07-24-2008, 07:55 PM
The wife and I might be able to make it.... We will likely be heading home from NC Friday evening. We will try.

Bob

spitfire1776
07-24-2008, 10:45 PM
I'll be by, but maybe not with the brown beast. I do believe I busted a spring the other day.

siiirhd88
07-26-2008, 02:08 AM
The missus and I are now back home from NC, and will be there on Sunday. Thanks for hosting.

Bob and Dawn

tikicar
07-26-2008, 05:42 PM
Here are some directions incase you need them. From Rt83 take the MT Rose Exit. Head east That is left if you were going south! Mt Rose eventually becomes Prospect Rd. Just stay straight. When you pass Locust Grove Elementary School on your right slow down. I am the second street on the right after the school. My house is on the corner of Homewood and Prospect.

Coming from Rt30 get off the Hellam exit. Turn left if coming from Lancaster. Go to light. Go through the light. You are on Freysville Rd. Follow this as it winds around untill you reach Prospect Rd. There will be a church in front of you on the right. Turn right onto Prospect Rd. The first left is Homewood.

I will have the XD in the Yard as a beacon. Feel free to park in the driveway. It is used to things that leak oil. Make sure to use your E brake. I got burgers and dogs and all the fixins, Cole Slaw, and some watermellon. If anyone else wants to bring something let me know. My fridge is pretty full so bring a cooler although I will have some out if you need to put your drinks on ice. Hawaiian shirt if you got one! You can walk right in the Breezeway (Enchanted Tiki Room) and straight through out to the back yard. See you tomorrow, Mahalo, Scott

Rob P
07-26-2008, 10:10 PM
How about some ice cream to wash it all down? Do you have freezer space to store some until time to eat it? I just can't show up empty handed to this shin-dig........my morality won't let me. Cups? Plates? Brining my own chair doesn't count as contributing.

tikicar
07-27-2008, 08:15 AM
Yeah, I have some freezer space. Bring it if you want. I have plates etc. Scott

Rob P
07-27-2008, 12:17 PM
There seems to be a tornado watch for your area until 1pm. Is the rain gonna put an end to the festivities?

rvrsrvc
07-27-2008, 05:50 PM
Nice intimate gathering! Thanks Scott for hosting us: we should do this again soon..
Maybe for the Carlisile Truck meet....

tikicar
07-27-2008, 07:15 PM
We had a great time. Thanks for coming everyone. Bob & Dawn you left your cooler here. Let me know we can meet up to get it back to you. Scott

Rob P
07-27-2008, 09:20 PM
Great time, beautiful place you have. Spent much of my time wrangling my little one, mental note, next time I will bring toys along. Many thanks to Mrs. Tiki for actually fixing me my lunch plate while I kept my 18 month old in one spot. Above and beyond for a hostess to do that for a guest and very much appreciated.

Scott, it was great to see your XD, I'd love to spend about a half hour getting some show and tell on that vehicle.

Lotsa fun. Can't get to see enough Rover's and talk with friends.

siiirhd88
07-27-2008, 10:18 PM
We had a good time, too. It is always great to meet new friends and see old ones, and to talk Rovers. We remembered the cooler once we were home.... If you want, just set the cooler out by the garage and I will pick it up on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Thanks again for hosting. Next summer we can have the get together at our place.

Bob

tikicar
07-28-2008, 05:38 PM
I will set the cooler out front tomorrow morning. It will be in front of the breezeway (tiki room) sliding doors. Scott