PDA

View Full Version : WTB: LR3 tow hitch receiver

Disco96JSWB
07-20-2008, 07:19 PM
I'm looking for a used LR3 tow hitch receiver. Maybe someone turned in their leased LR3 and no longer . . . ?

- Jeremy

Disco96JSWB
08-14-2008, 08:22 AM
Found one for $250 off Craigslist.

What a strange set-up for towing that is. I guess they couldn't think of a way to make it any more complicated (or expensive).

- Jeremy

rvrsrvc
08-15-2008, 07:40 AM
I had to switch all of my hitches so that the ball mounts on the adaptors with the "rise". Kind of a drag when I still have the slightly lifted Rangie and it needs "drop" to tow the same trailers.
I've used trailer wiring kits from LR and Atlantic British. I'm having troubles with mine-the AB piece-but haven't confirmed if it's the harness. I also have multiple lights out, non-functioning brakes and an expired Inspection on the trailer. Where to start....

Disco96JSWB
08-15-2008, 08:50 AM
Thanks, Trevor, that confirms my decision to not only use the L-R harness, but to get the dealer to install it. We'll see how that works out. . .

After also having to turn one of my ball mounts upside-down, I found it was too short anyway because of the way the adapter moves the hitch pin point forward under the car.

But I'm close to being able to see if the 1953 80" (about 2500 lbs, I think) will be reasonably secure on my 6' x 12' (single 3500 lb axle) utility trailer. I wouldn't take it far or fast, but 40 miles to Robesonia at 50 mph might be OK.

- Jeremy

rvrsrvc
08-15-2008, 03:44 PM
Don't pay the dealer for the wiring install-it really is straightforward. Requires a 10mm socket and a phillips #2 screwdriver.
It'll come with directions and it'll give you an opportunity to practice removing the spare.