PDA

View Full Version : screw this and let's go to Rausch

derekdilks
07-31-2008, 02:34 PM
Gas prices and economy got you down? What a better way to battle the blues than to actually go battle the blues (and some blacks) at RC. I'll bring coffee and donuts galore, meet at the parking lot at 8:30 this or next Sunday (3rd or 10th) Come on people we need and deserve this!!

Disco96JSWB
07-31-2008, 07:09 PM
Jake and I are out this time around. We'll be away on vacation, but we're also between 'trail trucks' at the moment, since we sold the D1.

We added an LR3 for better towing and for me to have a respectable vehicle for work, so the only aspect of the D1 we are missing is the off-roading. We haven't quite figured out what to do, but I'd like to end up with something lighter, simpler, and without carpets. We'll see how this pans out . . . but you know Jake isn't going to be happy on the sidelines for long.

- Jeremy

derekdilks
07-31-2008, 07:41 PM
We added an LR3 for better towing and for me to have a respectable vehicle for work

Congrats on the LR3!! As far as I'm concerned you have a trail truck now!! :) Throw some 16" steelies w/ MTR's on there and you're good. That LR3 can't stay too shiny for long :eek:

rvrsrvc
08-01-2008, 12:31 PM
I broke my Disco. Pulling into the driveway, she lost drive. Will only move with the diff lock engaged.
Now, I should clarify: I was playing around in the field, got a major stuck that required the winch as well as a hi-lift recovery tether at the back in which the hi-lift did not survive. It drove out but I think I had all three locks engaged.
I'm going to have to wait until the mud stops dripping, and I get a little further with Sharon's 88, before throwing it up on the lift....

crazyfish
08-01-2008, 12:47 PM
well, just choose one of the 15 other Rovers you have in your stable.

Rob P
08-02-2008, 09:41 PM
I'm sure a "Westminster" makes a smashing four wheeler, and I do mean smashing literally.

rvrsrvc
08-04-2008, 05:48 AM
Smashing, cracking, creaking, splintering, bursting.
I'm in with something.
Ck the other thread for Saturday.

Frank84
08-04-2008, 08:47 PM
I wish I could go! Too many things on my calendar.

derekdilks
08-05-2008, 07:20 AM
We should probably pick a date in September, plenty of time to plan for it, and warm up for fall Robisonia

Frank84
08-06-2008, 07:48 AM
We should probably pick a date in September, plenty of time to plan for it, and warm up for fall Robisonia

I know this is a little far in advance, but I'm planning on going out there October 4th/5th. I probably won't be able to make september anytime but maybe this could be a follow up trip to perfect your skills before Robesonia:)

Maybe we could even put it on the club calendar if people are interested?

galen211
08-06-2008, 08:18 AM
Come on Frank if you are going to RC that weekend you should be going to MAR!

Frank84
08-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Come on Frank if you are going to RC that weekend you should be going to MAR!

So maybe that is a bad weekend for many - how about the weekend before or after?

I've never made it to MAR - simply too far for me and the strange rover. Rausch is the farthest I've ever driven that thing and I feel like I'm pushing my luck every time!