PDA

View Full Version : Where my money will not be going anymore!

ccalado1
08-04-2008, 01:59 PM
This is just a FYI only, but I am guessing some people love them and some people hate them.

So last Monday at about 9:05 I called DAP to buy 3 series II chassis from them. This lady with a British accent answered the phone and took down my name, phone number and the suffixes of the chassis I needed. She said someone would call me in about 10 minutes. I had the website open and the price of the chassis was $1895 when I called. Fast forward to 4 pm when I realized no one had called me back yet, I check the website and the price of the chassis are now $2395 and not a call from them. Well, its a week later and no phone call. This was my third bad encounter with DAP and I refuse to spend any more money with a company that has no principals.

Well this was my two cents, now I am buying the chassis from Atlantic British. Its not a series IIa chassi like I needed but the customer service is much much better.

Frank84
08-04-2008, 08:52 PM
I'v got mixed feelings about DAP myself. I've gotten some good deals from them and good service in the past. But I've also gotten a few parts that I felt were lower grade - however, I paid less so it didn't really surprise me. I only have good things to say about RN and AB though - never had an issue.

Evan
08-04-2008, 09:42 PM
I've used DAP many times over the years, Al saved my but by getting a part to me when my son (who was 6 at the time) and I were stranded . That said there does seem to be a difference in DAP post Steve Young . FWIW

rvrsrvc
08-05-2008, 08:09 AM
Wow. I'm sure at the first price they had at least a little profit per frame, and the opportunity to move 3 relatively slow moving, costly inventory should have brought out at least a sigh of relief and a thank you, not a greedy gouge.
Sure, metal prices are rising, but not that quickly!

galen211
08-05-2008, 08:25 AM
Wow, I missed the part about 3 chassis. That is indeed bad customer service. I have never used them but I never plan to either. I wish RovahFarm would carry the big stuff!

menace2u
08-05-2008, 12:40 PM
I also called twice last week about this order (since I will be getting one of the frames) and specifically asked to talk to Steve Young on the messages. No one has ever called me back either.

AndrewT

sven
08-05-2008, 01:49 PM
Guess who else raised their price?

http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/1.cfm

http://www.roversnorth.com/store/p-4330-chassis-88-galvanised.aspx

ccalado1
08-05-2008, 02:05 PM
AB and RN changed the price on their chassis a while ago. I at least expected a phone call from DAP saying that the price on the web site was not the right price....lalala price of steel went up, etc, etc, but to not call back at all just tells me they are not interested in selling. It took AB 2 minutes to go check how many chassis they had on the lot.

Rineheitzgabot
08-06-2008, 07:34 AM
The price of steel did skyrocket for about a 3 month period. More than likely, no one had updated their website on the price increase, and CC's phone call triggered it (which is horse ****). Then, they either forgot to call her back, or deliberately did not call her back for fear of her reaction to the $500 jump. As CC said, DAP's indifference to her business is what is problematic, and I would add that the lack of website maintenance tells something about the way they run their whole business.

I have never bought anything from them, but I certainly will think twice.

On a lighter note, just met with my steel rep yesterday who told me that certain types (angle, channel, etc) pricing have begun to slow down price increases (meaning they are still rising, but not at the same rate as before), and others (tubing and plate), are actually going to decrease in price in the fourth quarter. My point is, if any of you can put it off for a while (like six to ten months), these frames may go back down to the levels we saw four months ago.

galen211
08-06-2008, 01:46 PM
Out of curiosity did they give you a price break for buying 3? I know group buys have been discussed from time to time and I wonder at what number they would start to give you a price break.....