PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Fall Robesonia Nov 1 & 2

crazyfish
08-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Robesonia - one of the best events of the year. Date set for November 1 & 2.

Saturday will be the advanced ( normal from years previous ) with 10 sections.

Sunday will be the Novice with 6 sections.

Camping onsite ( no water or electric ).

More information to follow.

derekdilks
08-05-2008, 08:42 PM
woohoo! I love this event... Disco on Saturday, Series on Sunday

crazyfish
08-05-2008, 09:47 PM
I'll be there in the Short Bus and will be camping.

crazyfish
08-05-2008, 09:47 PM
woohoo! I love this event... Disco on Saturday, Series on Sunday

I think you got that backwards!

Rob P
08-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Oh yeah, I'm there fur sure. This time I won't get there a day late as no Robesonia event I don't think has ever occured on a monday. Camping sounds like a saturday night endurance event for telling tall tales and drinking warm Mt. Dew.

pushngo
08-06-2008, 01:33 PM
Sweet

Will there be showers? Any Jeeps owners involved? Who chose ths site? The BOD are............

Just kidding Chappy!!

galen211
08-06-2008, 01:49 PM
I am glad to see this as a two-day event, hope I can make it up for the weekend. More than likely sans Rover.

mlp141
08-07-2008, 04:40 PM
G -- I hope you can make it!

I am in for both days and look forward to camping out! I will not be competing but will be spectating and photographing.

sven
08-07-2008, 09:55 PM
I going to try and make it too. Its been a few years since Ive been there.

Maryland 110
08-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Competing ? Tell me more....planning on being @ the Fall Uwaharrie event the weekend before.

galen211
08-08-2008, 02:38 PM
Competing ? Tell me more....planning on being @ the Fall Uwaharrie event the weekend before.

It is a trials event. Run through the poles, hit one and get points. The goal is to end with the fewest points. We usually have a raffle and donated prizes in addition to the trials prizes.

Gallery here. (http://gallery.roversclub.org/thumbnails.php?album=4)

87xj95disco
08-08-2008, 02:40 PM
hay hay hay whats wrong with my jeep just because i used it to make all
the other trail doesnt mean i not going to start using the disco now. lol :)

Sweet

Will there be showers? Any Jeeps owners involved? Who chose ths site? The BOD are............

Just kidding Chappy!!

galen211
08-08-2008, 02:44 PM
hay hay hay whats wrong with my jeep just because i used it to make all
the other trail doesnt mean i not going to start using the disco now. lol :)

It's a reference to this year's MAR. All trails will be lead by leaders most likely in Jeeps.

87xj95disco
08-08-2008, 02:51 PM
what do you think of my jeep now did a lot of work to it.
PARTED OUT AND GONE

tpyle
08-19-2008, 02:17 PM
I'm in, not sure if i can do both days, but one day for sure.

ant27
09-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Hi everyone, where can a newbie with an old disco get more info on this event??? Directions, events, etc.?

galen211
09-03-2008, 10:54 AM
Hi everyone, where can a newbie with an old disco get more info on this event??? Directions, events, etc.?

If you go to the club's main page and find the events link.

http://www.roversclub.org/html/events.html

Click on Robesonia and it will open a word document that has all the info. It is located just outside Reading, PA and in my opinion is one of the best day events there is. But this year it is a two-day event which I think will be even better. Feel free to ask any questions, we won't bite, except Sean.

crazyfish
09-03-2008, 09:31 PM
Excellent event, do watch out for Sean though. He wasn't at the last event so maybe you will get lucky and he won't show up.

galen211
09-04-2008, 07:11 AM
Sean is never there, he keeps his vehicle in an excellent state of disrepair.:D

Not sure we can say that any more!:)

mlp141
09-04-2008, 11:31 AM
G -- Are you planning to attend with the ride?

galen211
09-04-2008, 12:40 PM
I hope too. Probably won't compete unless I can get Jess to do the beginner day. If that happens I won't be in the truck with her.

crazyfish
09-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Take it from me and Red, don't drive together, don't spot each other, don't even look at each other while on the trail. If something gets dented, just say "Congrats on breaking the truck in like a real land rover!"

mlp141
09-05-2008, 09:27 AM
I hope too. Probably won't compete unless I can get Jess to do the beginner day. If that happens I won't be in the truck with her.

Alicia wants no part of "camping out" so I am going alone -- which is OK so we don;t have to pay to kennel the dog for the weekend.

Is Jess def. coming?

galen211
09-05-2008, 09:30 AM
Is Jess def. coming?

I doubt it, she says you are all a bunch of dorks talking about your "cool" trucks.:)

Rob P
09-05-2008, 10:49 PM
I doubt it, she says you are all a bunch of dorks talking about your "cool" trucks.:)

What does "Dorky" Jess talk about that is only cool to her? Surely she has some cell phone fetish ("that iPhone is radical man") or a lash brush that is way cool.

galen211
10-07-2008, 07:52 AM
BTT we are working on details right now but it looks as though the advanced group on Saturday, beginners on Sunday. Camping in between with a group meal.

Prizes will be awarded both days in addition to raffles and the 50/50.

galen211
10-07-2008, 07:54 AM
What does "Dorky" Jess talk about that is only cool to her? Surely she has some cell phone fetish ("that iPhone is radical man") or a lash brush that is way cool.

Nope, she isn't in to much of anything material.

galen211
10-07-2008, 09:35 AM
I posted this on dweb, RN board, D90, Guns n Rovers and ROAV. If you belong any other sites can you please post this. Here is the text.

ROVERS club will hold their annual Fall trial event in Robesonia, PA. http://www.roversclub.org/

This year we will be trying a new format with our normal event on Saturday for experienced trialers and a beginner event on Sunday.

We will offer camping Friday and Saturday with a cookout Saturday night.

Come Saturday and watch the event to learn the rules, then try for yourself on Sunday or if you think you have the skill just go for it.

For anyone that has never competed in a trials event this is a skill challenge. There are normally 6-12 sections that have 10 sets of canes per section. You must drive the section and avoid striking the canes. They are numbered 10-1 as you go through the section. Hit the first set and you are earn 10 points, hit the last set and you earn one point. The goal is to have the lowest score possible. As mentioned this a test of skill and thought.

More information can be found at our forum. http://forum.roversclub.org/forum/

Both events are limited to 24 trucks (12 trucks will do half the sections while 12 do the 2nd half). Admission price is $28 and we are working on a discount rate for competing both days (For instance I may do the first day and my wife might do the second day, discount price for one truck, two drivers).

Prizes will be awarded as well as a raffle and 50/50. Lunch is included.

Tomb228
10-07-2008, 10:02 AM
Count me in for the noob run. I'm filling out the form now.

Few Q's: What's the deal with the teams? Do I need to have one ahead of time? If spectators aren't sure about coming can they pay when we arrive?

galen211
10-07-2008, 10:23 AM
Count me in for the noob run. I'm filling out the form now.

Few Q's: What's the deal with the teams? Do I need to have one ahead of time? If spectators aren't sure about coming can they pay when we arrive?

Teams? You don't have to have a team. You can just come and learn the trials on Sunday if you want as a single person. This is an individual event.

Spectators are no problem day of, usually we charge something like $5 just to cover lunch time pizza.

Rugbier
10-07-2008, 10:35 PM
Will try to be there, if the spaces are filled, I will be cool to hang out as expectator

Thanks

tpyle
10-08-2008, 03:54 PM
I am in for Sunday! Are we using the form off the Roverclub.org site or do you have new forms with what days you would like to participate?

Disco96JSWB
10-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Count Jake and me in for Saturday in the Series 1.

- Jeremy

galen211
10-09-2008, 09:13 PM
tpyle, the form online is probably fine, just make a note on the form which day you want. Don't forget the price has gone up to $28.

Jeremy, glad to hear the Series I will be rolling. That should give you a decided advantage.

Trevor
10-10-2008, 02:25 PM
I'm definitely in for driving Sunday (registration is in the mail), will probably be there as a spectator Saturday. Not sure about the wife and baby yet.

pushngo
10-10-2008, 02:46 PM
Ill be there on Sat and mabe the wife on Sunday I will be camping over too.

crazyfish
10-10-2008, 04:17 PM
Robesonia Form Updated to reflect $28 and removal of the team information.

Disco96JSWB
10-10-2008, 08:49 PM
The registration is now in the mail.

In theory driving the Series 1 should be an advantage. However, a lack of driving skill coupled with mechanical maladies likely translates to back-of-the-pack entertainment.

- Jeremy

87xj95disco
10-11-2008, 07:25 AM
so far there is space fill out the forum now to get a spot
which day are you going to do.

Will try to be there, if the spaces are filled, I will be cool to hang out as expectator

Thanks

LC Rover
10-11-2008, 07:46 AM
I will be there on Sat. and Sun. Sean: some how your hook for your winch cable ended up in in my tool pouch. To bad it wasn't the over drive. LOL

ant27
10-13-2008, 10:37 PM
Are passengers (specifically kids in the back seat) allowed during a trials run? I've seen lots of pix of full trucks on the trail but what about this type of event? Can you show up and spectate and not compete or is the course closed? Finally, how much preparation and/or safety equipment do you require over a street-legal, well-maintained vehicle? Thanks.

Trevor
10-14-2008, 06:24 AM
I'm not qualified to comment on what is allowed, but I think kids will be fine. My seven month pregnant wife went along in the spring. She just got out and watched on the bouncy sections. The way it is set up you can easily walk the whole course as a spectator (as long as you're comfortable some fairly steep rocky terrain). Mike (87xj95disco) is probably the best one to address your questions (I think he's the only organizer of this event that frequents this forum, frequently anyway).

galen211
10-14-2008, 07:22 AM
Are passengers (specifically kids in the back seat) allowed during a trials run? I've seen lots of pix of full trucks on the trail but what about this type of event? Can you show up and spectate and not compete or is the course closed? Finally, how much preparation and/or safety equipment do you require over a street-legal, well-maintained vehicle? Thanks.

Kids are welcome in vehicles or as spectators. Robesonia is a family-friendly event. It does not take place over a large area so spectating is very easy and we do not limit where you can and cannot go. It is an informal atmosphere.

Stock trucks can handle most of the terrain that the course goes over. We have seen some lower air dams crunched but for the most part a Land Rover can handle the course. We do see the occasional dent or scrape but if you are concerned about something don't go first, watch the other trucks. No one will think less of you for stepping out of a section. As far as safety equipment we really don't require any but front and rear recovery points are an added bonus. Not required, but helpful.

Any more questions, don't be afraid to ask.

As it is set right now Saturday will be the group that has done trials before, come out and watch and you will see what is involved. If you like what you see register to compete Sunday. We rarely see a full group and even if we did I can't believe we would really turn someone away.

Rob P
10-15-2008, 09:25 PM
We rarely see a full group and even if we did I can't believe we would really turn someone away.

But it would help everyone's chances at winning if Evan got there 1 truck too late.

rvrsrvc
10-16-2008, 07:37 AM
I think we all should drive Evan's 88 and count the points that way. With equal equipment, it'll all come own skillz, baby, skillz.

87xj95disco
10-16-2008, 12:28 PM
kids are welcomed just make sure that they are stapped in real good if riding
some of the courses will get a little bumpy but not to the point of scaring them. Safety, someone will always have straps d-rings ect with them
make sure you have a nice safe place to hook up to. i just picked up some
more recovery equipment myself. ask questions about your rover,trails, and what else you can think of some will have the answer. i can run the course in my rover with running boards anyone can make it. you may get a little scraches but nothing major. you are there to have fun meet new people and learn more about you rover.

I'm not qualified to comment on what is allowed, but I think kids will be fine. My seven month pregnant wife went along in the spring. She just got out and watched on the bouncy sections. The way it is set up you can easily walk the whole course as a spectator (as long as you're comfortable some fairly steep rocky terrain). Mike (87xj95disco) is probably the best one to address your questions (I think he's the only organizer of this event that frequents this forum, frequently anyway).

87xj95disco
10-16-2008, 12:31 PM
i think he buys his points that why he wins LOL:D
must cost him a lot over the years

I think we all should drive Evan's 88 and count the points that way. With equal equipment, it'll all come own skillz, baby, skillz.

87xj95disco
10-16-2008, 05:19 PM
saturday for the advanced drivers is starting to fill up quickly
sunday for the novice there is still plenty of room for now.
if anyone want to sing up for sat or sun do now!
i will be there for the work days on the 25th and 26th and both days for the event. i looks like its going to be a good turnout this year.
I also sent out a OPEN HOUSE to land rover dealers to post and galan posted the event on several web site and got alot of responses.
t-shirts, and sticker will be there if anyone wants them.
we just need to detail something with dave,lyle,tom,galan,myself and
we should be ready to go. hope to get alot of new members this time around.
will keep everyone up dated
see you all there.

87xj95disco
10-16-2008, 07:33 PM
ok got the details for camping and fires.

we are going to have a med. size fire at lyles, if anyone wants there own fire
by there camper or tent please make sure that you have water near by and that it is contained by rocks or if you have a ring.
the leaves are falling and there is alot laying around so please becareful.

campers: david has some level ground up by the house if you want to use that and he will also let you run electric to his house if need.no water. a small popup camper is recommended do to the size of the lane going up to the house.

tents can set up by lyles house or on the lower lane behind davids house.
there is lot of good ground for tents.

sven
10-19-2008, 09:38 AM
I plan on coming early Sat and competing. Stay overnight and leave Sunday.

Can I just pay when I get there? I'd like to renew my membership also.

derekdilks
10-19-2008, 02:59 PM
I plan on coming early Sat and competing. Stay overnight and leave Sunday.

Can I just pay when I get there? I'd like to renew my membership also.

Ditto for me, how many series trucks are competing Sat? I may take one-oh-nine

Frank84
10-19-2008, 08:06 PM
You can renew your membership when you get there. Cash or check for $25.

Not sure about paying for the event this year, but in the past I always paid when i got there.

87xj95disco
10-20-2008, 07:14 AM
will have membership forms there
coped about 30 so we have them if anyone new shows up and wants
to join our club.

pushngo
10-20-2008, 07:42 AM
Put me down for Sat also I will pay when I arrive The wife may run on Sunday. I am hoping to camp over Sat nite.

pushngo
10-30-2008, 08:49 AM
Put me down for Sat also I will pay when I arrive The wife may run on Sunday. I am hoping to camp over Sat nite.

A night run..................Sweet!!!!!!!!

Now I have to get my under lights hooked up>