PDA

View Full Version : Which is better

Rob P
08-05-2008, 10:10 PM
Ok technical peoples, which is better offroading in stock form?
Disco-1 or a Range Rover Classic?

galen211
08-06-2008, 07:06 AM
Ahhh, where's that popcorn symbol?

rvrsrvc
08-06-2008, 01:21 PM
MY personal preference would be the Rangie, even though I have Disco as my built up trail star.
Largely, it has to do with the tailgate design-on the Disco, it's a bear to open at anything other than level ground and I'm worried about getting pinned by the door and dying a horrible death.

It's not even much of a cost factor-many parts between the two are interchangeable whether it's spares or upgrades, especially if compared to a 95 RRC.

Again, that's just me.

pushngo
08-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Not that familiar with RRC's but I do like the tailgate and be sure you get what ever year has the LT230

I like the overall look of the Disco though

Buy the gold one Trevor has it is real clean for that money or his LWB or his SWB He has them all covered at this time.

Trevor
08-06-2008, 06:32 PM
I'm relatively new to Rovers and wheeling, but I have seen both RRC's and Discos wheeled and would say they both do well. I think condition and service history would probably be as important as anything. I'd be inclined to look for both and chose best of what you find.

If you decide you need the lt230 as Randy suggests, only 87's and 88's RRC's have it.

Oh and the disco Trevor has does look very good for the money... and the SWB already has some mods.