PDA

View Full Version : Small, small state

bens101fc
08-16-2008, 12:00 AM
I had to go to a family funeral of a distant relative today. My parents came by and we drove out from NJ. All that I knew that it was near Reading, PA and that we had a google maps print out. I'm navigating us down US 222. Then a couple of roads, past the church where a family friend got married. Towards this town called Sinking Springs where we need to turn right from Mull Rd onto Penn Ave/Ben Franklin Hwy/US 422 and I realized that I had passed this way to go to Robsonia and made that turn. Odd. We go onto the retirement center in Wernersville, PA. Hmm, Robsonia must be near here. I figure that when I get home, I should look on the map and see how close I got. It's the very next town down the road--maybe 2 miles? How very small. Had I known I would have taken the 88.

Ben

Rob P
08-16-2008, 10:39 AM
Sorry for the loss of your relative. Even distant relatives can be felt closely. Glad to hear you were amongst familiar surroundings though no matter how distant from home. That alone can be comforting.

As to the long trip in the 88 though, sounds more like an adventure than a "gotta go and get back" trip.