PDA

View Full Version : Driving to MAR? I need a trans brought south..

J. Toronado
08-19-2008, 10:15 AM
Hello
New member here. I just bought Galen's old red siii 88 and I've got a new transmission lined up to put in it (keeps jumping out of 1st and 3rd) but need to get it down here to Charlottesville, VA from Avondale, Pa. Anyone nearby and coming down this way? Its at Tom Bache's place if anyone thinks they might have room in their truck and will be nearby. I'd come up and get it but my wife is due any day now. I can wait until MAR if need be. Willing to pay some gas $$, quaff beers with you and toast your good name until the sun comes up in exchange. Thanks for help and great forum btw.

jt

rvrsrvc
08-19-2008, 09:14 PM
I can get it at the picnic in September and bring it to MAR.
Unless you can get it to Lyle's house in Robesonia tomorrow midday. My Range Rover is at Lyle's house, and Randy is taking Lyle's Disco back -picking up my Rangie.
Derek's coming by in the afternoon to swap out the tires/rims, so he could bring it with him Thursday with the tires.

I know it's probably to short a notice to get the trans from Tom's to Lyle's, but the offer's there.

J. Toronado
08-19-2008, 09:28 PM
That's a hell of an offer. Thanks. Anyone heading that way? If that doesnt work out Ill let you know about sept/oct pick up.

siiirhd88
08-19-2008, 09:52 PM
I will be heading south to NC on Sunday evening or early Monday, and could drop the trans off in C-ville on the way. You or I will need to check with Tom B on his availability for the trans pickup on Friday evening or Saturday.

C-ville is a bit out of the way, but delivery shouldn't be a problem. Let me know if that would work for you.

I will be in the wife's V8 109.

Bob

J. Toronado
08-19-2008, 09:58 PM
I'm in Scottsville, 16 miles east on rt 6 from rt 29 south. Where in NC are you headed? I dont want you to go out of your way and I dont mind waiting a few weeks really. I'll check w everyone tmrw on pickup and if it will be ready then and let you know. Thanks for nice offer.

pushngo
08-20-2008, 11:34 AM
If Tom can get it to Lancaster I'll bring it to MAR

Actually I am going to the beach on Labor Day I will pick it up at Toms if I take the truck to pick up tires

J. Toronado
08-20-2008, 07:36 PM
pushngo that sounds like perfect timing for me actually. i'd appreciate it.
i called tom tonight and left a msg with him. i'll get back to you. thx a ton.

jt

siiirhd88
08-20-2008, 09:17 PM
I'll be heading to Morehead City on the central NC coast, and usually take 301 to 295 around Richmond. It wouldn't be a problem to head SW from Fredericksburg... My time is a bit tight to get to Tom's before I head south, though.

Let me know if I can help. Heck, its Galen's old truck.

Bob

J. Toronado
08-20-2008, 09:28 PM
thanks for all the help and offers of transport. i spoke w tom and he's holding on to it for me. i dont need it down here for a few weeks so no hurry. i still need to send him cash etc...so i'll post back up after sale completed in a few days or weeks as it were and see who's still heading down.

thanks again. if i can help any of you out coming south for MAR or otherwise through virginia please shout. i'm happy to give you advice on where to stay, help book rooms, let you camp in back yard, etc etc or anything you might need. cheers

jt