PDA

View Full Version : Heat

03springer
08-24-2008, 10:17 AM
Hey everyone,
I have a 01 D2 and Heat comes out of all the vents even when climate control is shut off. Temperture setting is at 68deg. Anybody have this kind of problem? Is there some kind of little door that is not shutting?

Its not fun having heat blowing on me hen it is 90 out!!!

Bob

Frank84
08-25-2008, 07:04 AM
I'm not sure this is a 100% solution but try this -

Set temp to LOW on each side, set it to come out at face level only, then manually turn the fan off (hit the fan button until no bars are showing), then turn the system off, and finally close each face level vent. That is the best I could come up with.

Rob P
08-25-2008, 10:24 PM
Frank, this is exactly word for word what the official Land Rover Technical shop manual says to do for this situation. Amazing!

03springer
08-27-2008, 11:37 AM
Thanks guys, I`ll give it a try. I tried setting the temperture down then shutting it off. But I didn`t try the fan thingy.

Any idea how to change the light bulb for the trip odometer/gear selecter? LCD works but at night it is not illumanated.

TIA, Bob

P.S. The British car show last weekend was pretty cool!!!!!

galen211
08-27-2008, 12:21 PM
Don't know if this will work in a LR but we discovered it in our Honda after 4 years of ownership.

We had the same problem till one day we sent the system to recirculate before turning it off, no more blowing air.