PDA

View Full Version : Charity event in Manhatten

80-One
08-29-2008, 02:30 PM
I've just had a call from LRNA. This oganization is looking to have a few Series/ expedition prepared vehicles on display in Manhatten Wednesday evening.
Getting more details, but the vehicles will be secure and owners will have VIP passes to the reception etc.

Let me know if anyone is serious about coming?

The charity is something to do with medical and education in Kenya.

Cheers
Steve H.

MEAK
presents
An Evening for Kenya
In the Company of
H.E. Zachary D. Muburi-Muita
Ambassador / Permanent Representative of Kenya to the United Nations
Wednesday, September 3rd, 2008, 7-9pm

80-One
08-30-2008, 08:41 AM
Here is the latest email from the people putting on this NYC gig.

Dear Steve,

I hope this email finds you well.

I am sure you are ready to enjoy the holiday weekend and I understand the timing of this request is not ideal. Not sure how much Deborah told you about my upcoming event next Wednesday, however, if possible, I would love to see if there is any way to reach out to a few vintage Land Rover owners in the City. Having produced special events for 10 years prior to founding my non profit (most recent as Director of Special Events for Vogue) I can assure you this will be an event to remember, and one that this group of individuals will surely enjoy.

Please find attached press release and I will send the digital invitation by way of separate email. I would be honored to extend an invitation as my guest to any Land Rover owners who drive to the event and park in front. We have security as well as a sidewalk permit to accommodate. The photographer and videographer love the idea of taking vintage style photos of the owners with their vehicles, though it is not a requirement (which they can all have copies of). There are many pieces of art in the gallery that feature Land Rovers as well that I know this group would enjoy. The idea of having Land Rover's line the street to compliment the events aesthetic is just such an impactful and integrated idea I can't let go of. Such vehicles are such a big part of both Dan Eldon's life (www.daneldon.org) as well as my organization's (www.meak.org) work.

Kind regards and thanks for your consideration,
Jess

Anyone up for a trip into Manhattan Wednesday evening?
Cheers
Steve H.

ini88
08-30-2008, 10:21 AM
need any Defenders?

80-One
08-30-2008, 07:20 PM
need any Defenders?

Would have thought so. Will zap them an email but may not hear back until Tuesday.
Stay tuned. I'll post further details of the event shortly.

Cheers
Steve

80-One
08-31-2008, 09:54 AM
need any Defenders?

Yep, they have confirmed this morning, ANY Land Rovers are most welcome.

Press release attached.

Cheers
Steve H.

cboy
09-01-2008, 10:12 PM
Do they need advanced notice or do we just show up Wed? What time?

ini88
09-02-2008, 12:06 AM
Steve I PMed you a question. give me a call.

ccalado1
09-02-2008, 07:43 AM
Eric you can drive my 109 if you want.

80-One
09-02-2008, 08:03 AM
Do they need advanced notice or do we just show up Wed? What time?

Yes, they need to know ahead of time. Vehicles will be parked on the side walk with security. (They have a permit and security sorted).
The event is 7PM-9PM so vehicles will need to be set up approx. 6.30PM.
Thanks
Steve

80-One
09-02-2008, 09:28 AM
Just had further details confirmed.
Complimentary ticket to those owners who can drive their vehicle in/park in front for the event. (They will need the names in advance (today) in order to comp them in).

The street parking in front is allowed as of 6 PM.

Cheers
Steve H.