PDA

View Full Version : eas shocks

Trevor
09-23-2008, 07:54 PM
Ok, I need some enlightenment on eas shocks. I know there's supposed to be a difference between eas and coiler shocks. The thing is, I picked up some OME N115's and removed my front eas shocks and found that they are almost identical both compressed and extended. I thought maybe the difference was the mounting studs, but they appear to be the same as well. I was planning on getting some shock towers and relocating the shocks inside the coils, but do I need to?

rvrsrvc
09-23-2008, 08:24 PM
The 115 is designed for the Rovers using shock towers. I remember trying to fit the EAS shocks to the shock tower conversion on my 95 and had a noise from an inability to clamp down on the bushings.
I'll bet the 115's will work on the external shock mounts of the EAS system just fine.
Keep in mind that the spring is not retained and the advantage of the shock towers is that you run the shock through the center of the spring. But, with sway bars and standard radius arms, you are unlikely to have enough suspension travel to unseat the spring anyway- the driveshaft will hit the sway bar long before the spring pops out!
FYI I'm running all 4 Bilsteins on the front of my Rangie. Firm to say the least.
I saw the back wheel(s) off when I drove by. Whatcha working on?

Frank84
09-24-2008, 06:51 AM
on the same subject i've got a question - do the 2" lower front shock towers work without modification to the brake lines? there seems to be plenty of slack in them if i flex the car in the driveway.

Trevor
09-25-2008, 12:21 PM
Thanks Trevor, I couldn't see any reason they wouldn't work.

As far as what I was working on - just shocks.

rvrsrvc
09-25-2008, 12:46 PM
Frank, does the Deranged Rover, no, wait, Strange Rover, have ABS?

Frank84
09-25-2008, 02:16 PM
Frank, does the Deranged Rover, no, wait, Strange Rover, have ABS?

No ABS:)