PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Annual Thanksgiving Day Run at RC November 29

GadgetRick
09-28-2008, 11:28 AM
Ok, I know everyone else has been busy with going out West and all so I figured I'd start a thread about it. As usual, planning on going out to RC the Friday following Thanksgiving and wheeling on Saturday. We, typically, drive out Friday afternoon/evening and have ourselves a little party. We all wake up (some are hung over) and wheel all day Saturday and then go home (some people stay the whole weekend).

We break up into various groups to keep them small enough to be easier to handle. We divide up for beginner, intermediate and expert. Of course, beginner will go on the easier trails, intermediate on a little harder and expert, well, they're going out for some carnage. Smile

If you've never wheeled before, this is a great time because we've got LOTS of experienced people who are MORE than happy to help you learn with your rig. So don't be intimidated.

We're a Rover group but there are some who like to bring a Jeep or something else. We won't hold it against you but don't come with thin skin because we'll still tease ya. ;)

It's a family-friendly group. I always bring the wife and my boys. So don't worry about it being too rowdy for children. In fact, it's very nice as we all watch out for each others' kids so you can actually relax a bit.

There's a hotel we usually stay at in the area who offers a discount (I always forget the name but Ryan or someone else knows it and will post--I'm sure). It's reasonably-priced for the night.

We've had great turnouts the first couple of times we've done it and we're looking for another good turnout. Let me know if you can make it. I'll start a list.

1. GadgetRick--wife and 2 boys in a DII (modded)
2.Frank84--RR

Keep in mind, this event is not sponsored by anyone and it's not a formal event.

Frank84
09-29-2008, 11:53 AM
Put me down!

GadgetRick
09-29-2008, 05:33 PM
Yer in. And it's actually our 4th annual. Ryan corrected me. Sorry about that!

Maryland 110
10-07-2008, 08:51 PM
dying to do RC but that weekend might be tuff. going to try, put me down as a maybe

MDDisco
10-09-2008, 04:16 PM
I may be interested in going to RC.

Is there going to be enough people to run the beginner/int trails? Def not advanced here... need to drive her home.

galen211
10-09-2008, 07:13 PM
If I am home for t-day, which I likely will be I'll run beginner trails in my RRC.

cboy
10-09-2008, 09:26 PM
I may be interested in going to RC.

Is there going to be enough people to run the beginner/int trails? Def not advanced here... need to drive her home.

Yes, there's always someone willing to lead a green group.

cboy
11-20-2008, 03:09 PM
For those that are not staying over the night before (like myself), we are meeting in the R/C lot at 9am on Saturday morning.

rvrsrvc
11-20-2008, 06:42 PM
I'm in for Saturday day.

grnthng
11-21-2008, 12:05 PM
Speaking of green, I'm green and my 83 RR is green... I think I will join you guys on saturday morning, since I was'nt able to make Robesonia and that last RC run.
Ohh yea, the in-laws are coming in on Friday and I still didn't finish the house projects that I started last year, screw that sat. morning idea, I better leave Friday before they get in from the airport!!!

I know RC is off of I-81,rite! What's the best way from N.J. I'm off the Prkwy near I-78 but not far from I-80?

Actually I have an atlas all I would need is the exit # off I-81 and then where to turn after that.

grnthng
11-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Speaking of green, I'm green and my 83 RR is green... I think I will join you guys on saturday morning, since I was'nt able to make Robesonia and that last RC run.
Ohh yea, the in-laws are coming in on Friday and I still didn't finish the house projects that I started last year, screw that sat. morning idea, I better leave Friday before they get in from the airport!!!

I know RC is off of I-81,rite! What's the best way from N.J. I'm off the Prkwy near I-78 but not far from I-80?

Actually I have an atlas all I would need is the exit # off I-81 and then where to turn after that.

grnthng
11-21-2008, 12:16 PM
Ooppss!!

rvrsrvc
11-21-2008, 12:43 PM
www.rc4x4.org
From 78 to 81 take exit 107. Right at the exit back over 81. Up a long hill, start looking for the little burb of Joliet and turn L on Main Street. Look for the Rausch Creek sign on your right.

There is another way from exit 104, left at the ramp and follow the road -one sharp RH turn- and the park will be on you r left

grnthng
11-22-2008, 08:14 PM
Thanks!
My atlas must be really old... it's got the old ext. #'s! Penn. recently changed all their exit #'s to corespond with the mile-marker, this was to get in line with all the other states.

I'll find it, I can see it's up near 209 from looking at the trail maps.

I read an article once, that area mountain range all the way down to W.V. has about 100+ years worth of pyles of coal by-product that they can turn into fuel just sitting there.

Disco96JSWB
11-25-2008, 10:17 PM
Jake and I will be there on Saturday . . .

- Jeremy

Frank84
11-26-2008, 12:18 PM
I'll be there saturday and so will my friend with his RRC. We're planning to go sunday too - anybody else?

galen211
11-26-2008, 01:23 PM
I am still hoping to make it Saturday. Could be an RRC kind of day.

rvrsrvc
11-26-2008, 07:59 PM
Well, my RRC has moved onto a good home. Can I bring the Disco?

Frank84
11-26-2008, 08:50 PM
Well, my RRC has moved onto a good home. Can I bring the Disco?

Sure, but only cause you asked nicely:)

grnthng
11-27-2008, 11:18 AM
I printed up a memership application to save some time at the park, I'll also try to be there a little earlier to register with the park.
Is the 9am meet time also the time their office opens?

grnthng
11-27-2008, 11:27 AM
Frank, I'm in Kenilworth, N.J. which is rite next to Union. I was wondering if you would like to convoy up together.
You will probably be coming up I-287 and i will be heading on I-78, we could meet lets say at 287-78 jct.

Frank84
11-27-2008, 11:33 AM
Frank, I'm in Kenilworth, N.J. which is rite next to Union. I was wondering if you would like to convoy up together.
You will probably be coming up I-287 and i will be heading on I-78, we could meet lets say at 287-78 jct.

I'm heading out some time friday night actually (don't know when yet) and staying at the Comfort Inn at Pine Grove, PA. I assume you're talking about saturday morning?

Also - you asked about times in the previous post. I think the office opens at 8am and we're going to start up at 9am.

sent you a PM as well

grnthng
11-27-2008, 09:59 PM
Thanks Frank,I will meet you guys up there Sat. morning then.

rmuller
11-28-2008, 02:27 PM
My girlfriend and I are most likely going up tonight and staying at the comfort inn as well.. unfortunately my disco is still under the knife so I need to find a couple extra seats somewhere...

If you're looking for someone to caravan out with on Saturday morning, check on muddyoval (http://muddyoval.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8075) ... there are a few people going out then..

rvrsrvc
11-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Ryan-I've got room, but I ave to be on my way out of the park by 4-ish.

pushngo
11-30-2008, 12:28 PM
Hey Guys great outing. It is really different in a truck with small tires, open and stock drive line a little more finesse required.

Hope to see even more of you there New Years Day!!

Disco96JSWB
11-30-2008, 05:05 PM
That was a fun day. Our group was four RRC's. I felt like a member of an exclusive club.

Anybody know what the helicopter was there to do? Made for a little excitement at the end of the day.

- Jeremy

rmuller
11-30-2008, 09:45 PM
Helicopter was Dan (ini88)'s uncle... he came to wheel with us for a bit, but ended up getting there when we were heading out for the day.

ini88
11-30-2008, 11:57 PM
That was a fun day. Our group was four RRC's. I felt like a member of an exclusive club.

Anybody know what the helicopter was there to do? Made for a little excitement at the end of the day.

- Jeremy

that was my Uncle. He came down to check some things out. He showed up a bit late so he couldn't get on the trails with us. next time.

He does have 400 acres in PA and im going to try to get him into wheeling, so hopefully we can break some new trails on his land and maybe get some new stuff to 4-wheel on.

ccalado1
12-01-2008, 09:02 AM
Anyone posting pictures???I forgot my camera.

Frank84
12-01-2008, 11:54 AM
My friend took some pictures of our group of four RRC's so i'll post them when i get them.

grnthng
12-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Sorry I didn't get back to you guys sooner to thank you (especially Frank for leading us on our mini Camel Trophy a' la Rausch Creek ) had an awesome time on my first run at RC.

All is good with the side view mirr; hood latch; and pride, there all back on-scratches are staying on they look good.

I have some pictures too, just give me till the wknd to get them up.

Frank, sending you a PM.

That might be it for me for this year, got a catch up on a bunch of projects- but I am looking forward to wheeeling alot more in the new year.

Frank84
12-08-2008, 07:38 PM
my friend posted up some picts and a few short videos of our group.

http://s276.photobucket.com/albums/kk34/StonyPointX/

grnthng
01-03-2009, 08:27 PM
I finally got around to put up some pics of the group of 4 RR's that I was with, sorry I'm so late.:rolleyes: