PDA

View Full Version : Sighting S3 109 Rt 36 West Bound Towards Parkway In Jersey

airbornrover
10-28-2008, 02:33 PM
I posted this sighting a few weeks ago on d90 with only one response. So i thought i would post it here and hopefully get a hit.

ps. the responder was unaware of a series fitting the description. :(

Of course i was driving something else other then my own rover.
So as i was driving a uhaul on rt 36 east low and behold i see a very cool looking dirty brown colored s3 109 with limb risers, spare tire on hood, jerry can recessed into the left side behind front door(short side showing), and some type of logo or paint job on the front left door (blue-ish maybe?) and maybe a roof rack on top. This is all from seeing it for just a few seconds.
My father was driving behind me in the red d90 but of course he was completely blind to it.
If anyone knows who is driving that mystery rover give a shout out, cause it was coool.

On a side note i knew of an old man who lived just north of Monmouth University (just a mile or mile and a half at the most) that owned a complete rover and two or three incomplete rovers. That was years ago thou.

thanks

galen211
10-28-2008, 03:06 PM
That truck was at MAR in '06. I remember it b/c of the jerry can holder and logo on the side.

I'll see if I can find a pic.

Rugbier
10-28-2008, 06:58 PM
I used to live in Jersey early 90.
I remember a guy with several rover series around rt36 very close to the GSP, not sure if it was Keyport or Union Beach, but he used to come to Sea Bright ( Channel's ) were I lived, almost every weekened and show off one of them. I also saw him few times at Woodbridge LR, were I serviced my RRC.
I am almost positive one of them was a Brownish ( mocca ) 109 with like a blueish sign and I think he used to rent sailboats/Hobbies out of Leonardo.
Maybe is the same one, I think his name was Adam or Alan.

airbornrover
11-02-2008, 11:09 AM
very cool, i wonder if he still owns the different rovers?

thanks for the info