PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day Weekend

crazyfish
05-24-2005, 10:01 PM
Posted for Bill Simone
50 acres in Clinton County that we want to put trails on.
It is very remote, and lies about one mile back a gated/locked dirt road.
Therefore everyone will have to arrive together. I cannot accomodate late
comers. Our plan is to have interested parties meet at my place at 7:00 am saturday morning.
845 Cumberland Street, Lebanon, PA 17042 717.274.3621 or 717.228.3703
Very nice camping spot on top of the hill, but inorder to access it we will
have to build a log bridge over a small creek first. NO driving in the creek,
it is a fresh water trout stream.
So, people with chain saws, tools, know how and willingness to work on a
bridge and trails will enjoy this outing.
No bathroom facilities on land, so be prepared to go in the woods.
2.5 to three hour drive. it is very near to Lock Haven PA
What did I miss? Give me a call if you want at the 3621 # during the day(my business)
this is preferable to email if you have a question as I may not see the email

Bill Simone

crazyfish
05-24-2005, 10:05 PM
7 am? I'm not sure who is going, but this might make it a bit tough for anyone who is driving there.

Red and I are planning on driving that way on Friday afternoon, and will be camping. Not sure of our plans for Friday night.

Update:

if guys want to make paragon and then come over to beech creek to
camp, i would have to know when they would like to arrive so we can meet them at the gate to let them in (the gate is about a mile from the land) and i don't think cel phone reception is that great up in the mountains. first order of business is to cut some trees down and build a log bridge over a small creek, so please mention that anyone with a chainsaw could reply to let us know they will have one along. as far as camping goes, we tried to get a port o jon but the site is out of service range, so it will truly be roughing it! however if someone wants to shower we have a room at an inn in town(about 20 min drive)

First you will want to find your way to Lock Haven, PA. you can go up Rt 81
north, 11/15 north or any way you'd like to get to Rt 80 west. From Rt 80 you will take the Lock Haven exit, which is Rt 220 North. As you are coming into the town of Lock Haven, look for signs that direct you to Rt 120 north or west (can't remember which) I believe this is also called Water Street in town.
Follow 120 north/west of town for approx seven miles. Look to your left for a mountain road (unpaved) that shoots up the mountain called Eagleton road. It is marked with a wooden state forest sign as well as a road sign. Follow Eagleton road (VERY winding at first- be careful!) for approx 10 miles until you come to a "T" with Beech Creek Road. Turn right onto Beech Creek road and follow for 2.8 miles to an open area on your right with a large swinggate. (keep your eye on the odometer, there are many gates along this road) This is the gate to the land! I don't know how great cel phone reception is up there, so if you are coming later in the weekend let us know when so we can let you in. Everyone leaving on Saturday Morning, we will meet in lebanon at Bill's Studio 845 Cumberland Street at 7AM.

the weather report for the area this weekend (as of now) is partly cloudy
with temps in the high 60's

hope this is enough info. good luck if you're finding it on your own and i'll
see you this weekend!

Ken Heaton
05-25-2005, 09:48 PM
I was hoping to meet up there at the work site as I will already be fairly close to there, ie., Williamsport area. Is there no way to meet at the gate? If there is a sign at the gate, it should not be that hard to find. :confused:

crazyfish
05-26-2005, 12:46 PM
We are going to meet at the gate at 10:30. If we don't get lost, we should be there at 10- 10:15.
My Cell Phone is 215-262-3980

So far we have:
Dave McMullan and camper
Tom Bache staying at B&B
Jeff Wilson
John C
Garrett
Ken Heaton

crazyfish
05-30-2005, 06:10 PM
A great weekend building a rather impressive bridge. Great piece of property that should provide lots of fun for many years to come! Pics will be posted in the gallery soon.

To those of you who missed it, check the calendar of events and write them down! Kudos to Tom Bache who was the Paul Bunyan of the forest.

Thanks to Bill and Pammi. My muscles, however, think less kindly of you.

simone
05-31-2005, 04:53 PM
What a great time at clinton county camp! Thanks to everyone...sean and red
tom and mira jeff wilson the mcmullans for helping with the first phase of the project. Building a log bridge that actually worked! (we drove all the vehicles across it!)
This is gonna shape up as a great place for camping...lots of room for vehicles and people tents etc. and four wheeling. In addition o my property, I spotted lots of trails to explore just driving there.
Next i would like to get some GPS/map guys to help in cutting a trail around the perimiter of the property. Then...whatever.
thanks again everyone fro as great effort. Sean...pammi is emailing you our pics so if you could add hem to the gallery?

bill

simone
05-31-2005, 04:55 PM
sorry, i didn't mean to forget garret and ken heaton

bill

87xj95disco
06-02-2005, 10:21 PM
sorry that i couldnt make it i had to work all holiday.
but i will make it up there some time i hope.
cant wait to see the log cross

jason
06-04-2005, 03:02 PM
Bill, I am devastated that I missed the festivities. Paul and I were on our way, chainsaw gassed up and everything when a family situation thwarted my plans. Next time for sure!

simone
06-04-2005, 10:23 PM
jason
was it you or the chain saw that was gassed up?
we missed you guys and i can't wait for you to see the place and come out to play.

bill