PDA

View Full Version : WTB - Conversion Van

crazyfish
11-16-2008, 10:09 PM
I've been looking for a 1958 -66 Panel truck for some time now and haven't found one in the right shape. Work has been crazy busy and Red and I just haven't gone on a real vacation in quite a bit. We are building a new 2 story garage and truck funds for this year have to focus on that.

I was checking the local dealers and found a high top conversion van for cheap. I keep finding them all over the place with about 80-110k miles for under $4,000 which is usually half price of a regular van.

Maybe we'll take a two day tour, a long day trip, not sure. I'm thinking of probably taking the sofa/bed out and I could take the motorcycle in the back ( which is why I want a Panel Truck in the end ). I really wish I had the bike in Cape Cod last time up there. Maybe it will be the second vehicle at MAR or Robesonia when the weather gets ugly.

Anyway, if you know of someone who has one for sale for under $4,000, local to me ( doylestown, pa ) and it's in mechanically great shape. Faded paint, dings don't bother me. I've seen 1995 - 2002 for age.
Although I did see one really cheap that had purple paint, pin stripes and a "mauve" interior that I certainly passed on.......

I would just like to buy one with a known history. Also would like to hear about Dodge/Chevy van known problems.

Disco96JSWB
11-17-2008, 06:17 PM
After seeing your camping arrangements at Robesonia, a conversion van would seem like a good alternative. :)

crazyfish
11-17-2008, 06:31 PM
Camping arrangements were a case of beer and a sleeping bag - what else do you need? :) Sleeping on a dog bed and leaves by the fire under the stars is just fine. The wife, however, does not agree.