PDA

View Full Version : england... amazing.

mgreenspan
11-22-2008, 01:04 PM
So I'm settled in now. Found a place in Cambridge that is working out well. Went and saw Stonehenge and went to the city of Bath to sight see one weekend. England is absolutely amazing. Food is great(the foreign food that is) and the people are all very nice and polite albeit more reserved than in the US but once you start talking to them they're great. Purchased an 84 90 to use as a daily driver and it's loads of fun. Went through a quasi thorough restoration to original condition by a Land Rover nutjob about 2 years ago. Pic of it in my tiny ass garage. If anybody's on the look out for anything specific let me know. I enjoy scouring classifieds.

pushngo
11-22-2008, 03:27 PM
Good to hear from you Matt

Where's the Disco?

bovw
11-22-2008, 07:23 PM
Nice looking truck Matt, and in 5 weeks or so you can send it to the States. We're hoping to be over next Christmas to visit my Brother-in-Law in Bournmouth.

Rob P
11-22-2008, 08:47 PM
Ah living in the LR Motherland. What fun that must be. Just out of curiosity, is there a contingent of Jeep fanatics in the UK similar to us LR fans here is the USA?

mgreenspan
11-23-2008, 11:57 AM
Disco is still on a ship on its way over. Should be here T-giving time then I can get the air hooked up and start trying to destroy GBR axles.

Not sure where Bournmouth is, but feel free to give a shout. If you're in the Cambridge area all those back in the states feel free to hit me up for a spot to stay.

And yes. There are jeep fanatics. Kind of strange. They don't reall make things as big as we do back in the states. So I fear that my Disco will be a "monster".

The beer is soooooo good here. :)

bovw
11-23-2008, 01:19 PM
South coast in Dorset, roughly 100 miles SW of London. We're hoping to do some travel within the UK while there, if we get in your neck I'll shout out.