PDA

View Full Version : 90rrc

rvrsrvc
12-12-2008, 02:03 PM
First off: "Ken, this is NOT the one for you."
I agreed to post this car for sale as the owner doesn't have internet.
I have never seen this Rover before this, but here it is:
185k, rusty at toe boards and rear fender archs; oversize tires with a non matching spare, paint shiny on the sides, faded on the tops, dented everywhere, door locks erratic, not measured but the front rotors look thin, rears good, hubs leaking from somehwere behind the rotor, doesn't run great- smells of fuel when running and when not running, engine rpm hunts, driveshaft brake handle stays "up", OME 757 and 758 springs with Bilstein shocks and damper, play in several tie rod ends, both rear links kinked, horrible driving lamp wiring on a very shiny brush guard, .

Says he has spent $4.7k this year but I'm not sure where other than the new Genuine exhaust from the cat back, O2 sensors crimp connectored in, a new fuel filter.

The good:
It has 5 spoke alloys. The headliner is not sagging. Genuine dog guard.

That's it.

He'd like $3200.

Trevor

Rob P
12-12-2008, 11:18 PM
$3200 is that all? From your description it sounds like a majorly nice piece of machinery.

http://www.sptimes.com/News/102000/photos/NTP-JunkCar.jpg

rvrsrvc
12-13-2008, 08:10 AM
I am required to be tactful -I think it's in my nature. The description on the phone sounded reasonable: My thoughts were that if those repairs had been done, then maybe it would be worth $2500+ to someone who wanted a solid mechanical Rover w/o having to put time into it.
The reality didn't match the fantasy.

oscar
12-13-2008, 09:44 AM
The reality didn't match the fantasy.

I hate when that happens.....

Ken Heaton
12-13-2008, 12:44 PM
:eek:
First off: "Ken, this is NOT the one for you."

I agree.