PDA

View Full Version : 1989 RRC on Phila Craigslist

Disco96JSWB
12-20-2008, 02:25 PM
I stopped by to look at it in Kennett Square (near Longwood Gardens in southern Chester County near Route 1). I guess I'd describe it as being in pretty typical condition. Biggest problem is that it runs hot. The owner tried a different t-stat and a different radiator but still runs hot. I asked about head gasket and he said he didn't know. He's asking $1000 with a spare transmission (w/o t-case) and a 4.6 short block (which wasn't there to inspect). Decent 265/75-16 tires (Firestone Destination).

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/961279832.html

oscar
12-21-2008, 09:16 AM
I'd describe it as being in pretty typical condition

Check rear cross member, rear inner wheel wells (where the rear pax seat belt attach and where the C-pillar meets the well, bottom of rear wheel wells. They rust from the inside out.... Also front foot wells. "Typical" means they are rotted out. The carpet hides everything.

galen211
12-22-2008, 09:48 AM
Check rear cross member, rear inner wheel wells (where the rear pax seat belt attach and where the C-pillar meets the well, bottom of rear wheel wells. They rust from the inside out.... Also front foot wells. "Typical" means they are rotted out. The carpet hides everything.

Not all of them are this way Oscar. ;)

pushngo
12-22-2008, 01:48 PM
Looks like it may need a steering box too!!

oscar
12-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Not all of them are this way Oscar.

No, but having done a few autopsies and learned to understand WHY they rot like they do I would say that the ones that are not rotten are in the minority and unless stripped and treated will end up that way. (If driven outside that is...;) )