PDA

View Full Version : A Welcome and a few questions

CMS3900
10-19-2005, 09:56 PM
Hello Folks,
My name is Morgan and I just recently purchased a 1974 ex-MOD Series III in pretty good condition.
I found your club and since I live in Delaware im interested in joining it. I had some questions that I emailed to the membership address and have not recived a responce. Mainly I wanted to know what sort of a organization this was and what benifits I would gain through this organization.

Now, on to my Rover :) . Im in the process of some minor frame repair and am a bit concerned about how bad these frames rust from the inside out. Im considering useing a rust inhibitor like POR-15 and spraying the inside of the frame channels. Also, is anyone on this fourm knowledgeable on the topic of the perkins 4236 or 4208 series land rovers either Milner conversions or South African ones. Im considering either replaceing my 2.25 petrol with either the 2.25 diesel or a perkins 4236. Other then that my only other question would be is there any local parts houses that would stock simple things like oil filters or should I just order a few from rovers north/atlantic british, those type places.

rmuller
10-19-2005, 10:17 PM
Hey and welcome to the board.. unfortunately there are not that many people that post on here on a regular basis.

So.. what will you get from joining ROVERS? I've only been a member for a few months, so I haven't seen all too much.. but you'll have the ability to go to a lot of events.. I've been to the Rover Sortout and the Ringwood Trail cleanup, and depending on the timing, i'll be going to the Robesonia..

If you are a series owner, i'd really recommend joining since there appears to be a bunch of series owners that you'll be able to meet.

crazyfish
10-19-2005, 11:58 PM
Mainly I wanted to know what sort of a organization this was and what benifits I would gain through this organization.

Shady organization with mostly shady people who happen to know alot about Rovers, there are many series owners in here, and my 109 would have been one of those "unfinished projects" you see advertised, if not for them.

What you gain? Not much at this point as we are reinventing ourselves. You may get a newsletter every now and then, a chance to buy a great t-shirt, and a few events well worth doing.

I came for the sticker and stayed because of all the knowledge that these guys have. One draw back is our club is rather spread out. However, there are shop days held locally, and sometimes very informally. You will always know when I need help when I offer to feed you ribs.

It's not the most computer/online group of rover freaks out there, but the help/parts/connections is well worth it.

Call me any time at 215-262-3980 and I'll give you the run down on my favorite Series parts houses, then call 3 other people and get theirs.

Tom Bache is a diesel nut as well as a few bio diesel guys.

Recent shops days have had welding, wiring, waxoyl, track down that odd noise, brakes, brakes, brakes and so forth.

Welcome to the loose knit insanity!