PDA

View Full Version : My 83 RRC

grnthng
01-03-2009, 09:05 PM
Here are some pics of my 83 RR which I have been told by Rovers North that it not considered a classic, it is actually a R.est O.f W.orld RR. because it wasn't imported to the states until 86... I think I will continue to call it classic.

Everybody kept asking me.. What's that greenthing in the driveway? Hence my user name!

Rob P
01-11-2009, 11:25 AM
very nice, looks very usefull and also like it's been used well.

ini88
01-12-2009, 12:27 AM
that is one gorgeous truck! love the color and black rims with tires look. also nice touch on the red recover points

grnthng
01-17-2009, 09:23 PM
They are really just for tranporting tie-downs, however one was used recently at Rausch Creek after I slid backward down a hill and chopped a young tree down with my rearview mirror and hoodlatch, could have been worse!

I was advised to replace them with the stonger recovery rings.... I'll shoot them with some Rust-Oleam!

That was my 2nd time wheeling since I've owned it for 4 yrs. now. Prior to that it was owned by a Gentlman in Las Vegas where he frequently took it into the desert, there's still a good amount of dust in the doors and tight spaces, zero rust vehicle....for now.

Frank84
01-20-2009, 09:25 AM
That is a very cool truck. A lot of little differnces from the later U.S. models. I like the metal console area and external tailgate handle.

galen211
01-20-2009, 09:54 AM
There is an early two-door sitting behind one of the ambulance clubs here in Charlottesville. Probably about the same year as this one.

grnthng
01-20-2009, 11:18 AM
I may be wrong guys, but I think they discontinued the 2-dr just prior to my year.
Either way your rite, in and around those year's.

Thanks for compliment Frank!

bovw
01-21-2009, 07:42 PM
There is an early two-door sitting behind one of the ambulance clubs here in Charlottesville. Probably about the same year as this one.
What kind of shape is that in?