PDA

View Full Version : ARB Lockers

Hammertime
01-13-2009, 08:37 PM
Hey does anyone want to take a day sometime to help install my Lockers? They are already set up, I just have to pull the axles front and rear install the new ones and attach the line that I am runing now. Any interest let me know. hint hint Trevor might make a good shop day.;)

rvrsrvc
01-13-2009, 08:47 PM
Yep, for me, every day is a shop day.

Rob P
01-14-2009, 11:21 PM
Attach what line you are running now? Is this a new setup for your D-90 or are you swapping out existing lockers? Or upon re-re-reading your post are you currently in the process of installing air lines?

Hammertime
01-15-2009, 10:29 PM
This is a whole new setup, I was a MAR and got hooked up with Justin at Lucky 8 and ended up buy front and rear ARB's 4:11 gears the on board compressor. Also talked him into throwing in a set of Diffs that he set up for me. So right now I am running all the electic wires from the storage box under the passenger where I have the compressor installed. out the hole in the through wire loom over the tranny to the driver side frame up along the frame up and through the firewall to the 3 switches I have installed in the dash. I also ran a hot wire from the batteries to a fuse block in the passenger side storage to power the compressor and other accessories. Then I am going to run the airlines to the diffs. Also run a line to a external tank just a gallon or two so there is a reserve for the lockers so I won't have to wait for the compressor to air up to switch on the lockers. Justin at Lucky 8 has been great to do business with. Any pros or Cons or additional ideas let me know.

rvrsrvc
01-16-2009, 07:34 AM
Which compressor? ARB has a mini that powers just the lockers and is almost instant or the standard ARB comp that can also be used to inflate tires. Just barely adequate for tires but it has a long duty cycle. Mine are plumbed into 2 Range Rover EAS tanks (20 liters total)for reinflating tires if I run out of CO2. It'll do 2 tires than has a terrible recovery time. And the compressor is also a left over from a EAS to coil conversion!
All Rover, all the time.
Kinda sad really. My wife buys me t-shirts with other stuff on them besides Rover related things just to shake things up a little. Poor Girl.

Hammertime
01-16-2009, 10:39 PM
The one that can air tires also,

Rob P
01-16-2009, 11:37 PM
My wife buys me t-shirts with other stuff on them besides Rover related things just to shake things up a little. Poor Girl.

The day you show up at an "offcial" event with a Jeep Rubicon T-shirt you might get banned or at least boo-ed.
http://www.trailquest.com/Jeep_apparel/images/Tee_JeepThing_Olive_Logo.jpg

rvrsrvc
01-17-2009, 08:17 AM
Little known fact: I had a Jeep once. An 89 Grand Wagoneer with simulated wood siding and a 360 V8. Start 'er up and watch the fuel gauge move faster than the speedo.
So, I had the Jeep thing, and now it hurts when I pee.

rvrsrvc
01-17-2009, 08:18 AM
Another little known fact: Derek also had and has a Jeep. He's got a GW in my back yard with a bad motor. Please make offer.

Hammertime
01-17-2009, 08:34 AM
I hate to say it but I had a 71 Cj5 with the 225 dauntlees v6 in it. had a power take off wiinch it it. Kind of wish I still had it. Also had a 69 bronco that I really liked. all yea a 79 & a 96 Bronco too, I had to grow out of that domestic autos when I saw my 90