PDA

View Full Version : NJ Chapter

crazyfish
10-20-2005, 12:33 AM
Been reading around the boards about guys wanting a NJ LR club.

The following is just MY thoughts.

Our club is a bit under the weather right now, partially because we are all spread out, the complete line up of vehicles from Series 1's to new RR and Freelanders, and alot of those folks are not really online much.

It also shows how hard it is to keep these various factors together in a loose knit group. What outsiders don't see is A) the work involved and B) how much stuff happens "under the radar", ie shop days, helping out, newsletter beatings etc.

The biggest indicator on the other boards is that a get together was planned for the NJ crew for almost the entire end of summer, and as far as I know, never happened.
Same thing happens when you become a club.

So, I would suggest you guys setting up a chapter of ROVERS for two reasons.
1) Make it stronger, and it evolves into something better
2) Everything needed is already set up.

More events, more brains, more parts, more trails, more everything is always better. The best forums are not local specific. The best clubs are broken down into smaller segments. Perhaps NJ become the "center" of ROVERS for awhile, no problem with that.

I found local people and stick with them. I think everyone would like to find other Rover people near them. But when we all get in one place for the bigger events, there is more that can show up. My experience is that only 20% of group can show up at any given time for a non "annual" event ( like MAR ).

I'd be happy to give you server space or whatever you need to help.

I'd love to hear your thoughts, in here, or send me an email

Alvin
10-20-2005, 01:31 PM
Sean, I sent you a PM about this. The NJ get together did happen, but it was just a bbq at Rick's place. A small thing. The NJ "group" is an impromptu kind of group. It is not really organized or anything right now. A post is made that we are having a trail ride on such and such date, and whoever wants to go goes. I agree with you that we should all be a part of ROVERS so that we can at least have the support of the entire ROVERS community, and it benefits the ROVERS group and the NJ group. Some of the guys had mentioned that they wanted to form an independent group, and I stated that I think it was a bad idea, but it's up to them. All I can do is make the suggestion that we all join up with ROVERS. The guys in NJ want to have meetings, hang out, go to trail rides, etc. It's difficult when we have to plan an entire weekend 4 hours to drive there, 4 hours to drive home, hotel room, dinner, etc) to just spend 2 hours in a meeting. That's why the NJ group started getting together. I am sure others will chime in with their opinions about the direction of the NJ group.

crazyfish
10-20-2005, 09:07 PM
Trust me, I wish we had more people right in my neighborhood too. I understand where you and or they are coming from. Just wanted to add my thoughts as to why NOT start a new club....

Either way is fine by me, get those Rovers out there!