PDA

View Full Version : 94 D1 Big Blue

rvrsrvc
01-26-2009, 10:49 AM
Trying to raise funds to get to Africa next year; may want/need to sell the Disco.
4.6 with RPi cam, Motorsport injectors, RPi chip, minor polishing 25k miles ago; rebuilt transmission also at that time and a LT230 fitted with 33k at that time; GBR 4.10's with ARBs-Rangie EAS compressor and 2 reservoirs to control lockers or inflate tires; everything from the RTE catalog: 3" springs, front radius arms, rear trailing arms, nerf bar sliders, steering links and damper relocation, diff guards, cones, spring retainers, front and rear bumpers; ARB Safari Snorkel; Bilstein 7100's with remote reservoirs; NATO wheels with 34" Swampers; XD9000i with remote in cab controls, synthetic line, safety latch hook; 1 Hella 4000; CB with non functioning antenna; rhino lined interior; MACs custom tie down tracks; GBR front and rear prop shafts; GBR rear half shafts; CV unlimited front shafts and CV's; GBR caliper spacers with Rangie rotors;
The bad: body has Actual Battle Damage, rusty in the sills so everytime you hit a slider the doors may not open, burns through a quart every 150 miles, exhaust is broken off at muffler, much of the powder coating is coming off the RTE parts; the steering links have a bow to them.
So, what's it worth? I have over $50k in parts over the years! All of this stuff might fetch $10k if I sell it off as parts.
Asking $8500, including delivery within 100 miles and a good power washing before sale!

galen211
01-26-2009, 11:13 AM
:( Who is Trevor without big blue?:(

I drove this at MAR and the grin factor is off the meter.

rvrsrvc
01-26-2009, 11:58 AM
I know what you mean. Plus, I'm still interested in selling the pick up. That would leaave me with the LR3 and an empty trailer.
Maybe I'll come up with a plan for another Rover project after Africa? I just drove a IIa 88 this morning and realised I don't fit well, so whatever it is will ahve o be a long wheel base with a double cab or a SW. Something with out a center bulkhead.
LR Harrisburg has that 101 ambulance...

Rob P
01-27-2009, 10:30 PM
I have over $50k in parts over the years!

Well it does say seriously addicted by your screen name on here.

flippedrover
01-28-2009, 09:50 AM
So what are you wheeling now?

rvrsrvc
01-28-2009, 10:45 AM
Nothing if I sell both. And right now, I suspect it'll be a very long time before I have something to wheel.
These are the thoughts going through my mind: The Disco is capable but getting long in the tooth; I can take the dog, kids, people, etc. but it's been on the trailer more than on the road going to events- a place I never really wanted to get too. I had always felt that it was cool to drive to the mountain, conquer the mountain, and drive home and had always "promoted" my Rover that way.
The 109 requires thought, momentum, and a strong upper body! 2 of the 3 seats are functional so it's either the dog or a child, but never both children, the wife and the dog. I fit in the 109 better than a 88" with a bulkhead behind the seats. Personally, I like it as my "dog and me ride", the local errand run about, the snow and ice car over my fancy 19" wheeled LR3. As long as I don't have to be anywhere in a hurry!
Ultimately, I don't have the budget or time right now to fix the 109 transmission nor the interest in scaling the Disco back to useable road manners. But, something is always likely to turn up-look how the 2 109's got here- and I doubt i would be toy-less for long.

flippedrover
01-28-2009, 03:37 PM
Ah yeah makes sense. But if you bring the Disco on the trailer I then ahve a way of getting back to civilization when the truck breaks!

rvrsrvc
01-28-2009, 03:55 PM
I remember back in the day when we'd wheel, eat lunch, wheel some more, camp, and wheel some more with just what we had....

flippedrover
01-28-2009, 05:15 PM
I remember back in the day when we'd wheel, eat lunch, wheel some more, camp, and wheel some more with just what we had....

True. Will have to do that again.

Tomb228
02-10-2009, 10:03 AM
Let me know if you decide to part it out. I'm already drooling.