PDA

View Full Version : Land Rover Lifestyle Magazine

crazyfish
01-27-2009, 03:37 PM
Got this in my email

Dear Rovers Club,

Greetings from the staff at LRL guys/gals! As you may have heard we've recently launched our new website. We'd love for you to swing by and check it out at www.LRLmagazine.com. We've got a lot of great new features to bring to the community this year! In addition to the print publication we're going to be publishing an online e-Newsletter each off-month of the printed publication. We're also integrating things like a Youtube channel feed for us as well as readers to upload favorite videos in addition to still photography. The whole goal is cultivate a owner centric site that shares the spirit of adventure and leverages the best technology we have available today!

The main focus though is The Lang Rover BLOG Roll (seen on the main page.) In 2009 we want to become the central news source both in print and online for the Land Rover community. We've invested greatly in tools which will allow us to harness the latest news around the world and bring it to one central point for all to see. In addition to LR news we also want clubs and owners to begin to leverage the resource as a tool to share your news with the rest of the community. Doing an event? Have a member going on an expedition? Major club changes? Just shoot me a quick email with the details and a few photos and we'll do a formal press release to spread the word! We will also add it to the new all things Rover National calendar which we encourage you to share with your members. (Launching Feb 1st.) You should also keep a close eye as vendors and manufacturers will be posting press releases and information on products here before it hits the streets in lieu of the new Preferred Vendor Network we're establishing. More on that to come in the future as well...

We will also take submissions and shorts to be posted on the BLOG and encourage you to let your club know that we want to hear from members. Possibly you can send out an internal email or flag a posting on your forum? A main focus for this coming year is to become more involved in the club network and find creative and exciting ways to help support you and the Land Rover Lifestyle you live. We also want to get you the content you want to read about! We've heard you...the magazine is a little soft for the hard-core crowd and we've taken notice. I guarantee that you will enjoy the content to come this year! Useful gear reviews, hard-core expedition/race coverage and more technical content are on the way!

On a second note, if you could please respond back to me with a quick outline of your club and the contact info for the chair members I would appreciate it greatly. When we have events or opportunities that present themselves that could be club specific we would like to know who to engage with. I'll also add that we're offering a 20% discount on new subscriptions and renewals through first quarter of this year for all club members. All they need to do is contact me directly via email with the code CLUB and Ill get them setup. Possibly you could pass that along as well?

I look forward to hearing back from you directly and the voice of your club through the conduits mentioned above!

Many thanks and kind regards,

Jason

oscar
01-27-2009, 04:06 PM
Nothing with door hinges.....;)

87xj95disco
01-27-2009, 06:23 PM
if you remember i got them last spring for our event to hand out
about 30 mags.
i going to see if i can get them again for the spring.
i sent them a copy of pics that were taken on disc and a
club newletter.
going to try to get them again.
gess we can send them more pics and details on the event.
see what i can do

87xj95disco
01-29-2009, 08:39 PM
our club event is up on there web site calander and just for
doing that they are going to send me a few copies for our event.
all i have to do is write about the event and send pics to them.
it sounds like they will print it in the next issue.

87xj95disco
02-02-2009, 06:09 PM
got lrl mag for sponsor again
25 issues on the way.