PDA

View Full Version : How do you post Pics?

Hammertime
02-13-2009, 08:59 AM
Everytime I try to post a pic it asks for a URL. How would I know?

flippedrover
02-13-2009, 09:08 AM
copy and paste the address or if its off your hard drive there is an upload from your computer option.

Rob P
02-14-2009, 01:36 PM
any picture you find online, right click on it and if it is not copywrite protected there should be a dropdown menu with "properties" at the bottom of the menu. Then click on "properties" and highlight the "address/URL" and copy that info. Then on this window click on the picture that looks like this: http://forum.roversclub.org/forum/images/editor/insertimage.gif and paste the picture URL/Address in that box that shows up.
http://forum.roversclub.org/forum/images/misc/vbulletin3_logo_white.gif

oscar
02-16-2009, 11:43 AM
Dana

You don't upload pictures to this forum, Sean is NOT paying for all that storage. (Neither do most other forums.) You have to park the picture somewhere on the web. I recommend Picasaweb. It's free and you upload your pictures to it. Once the pictures are on the web, they have a URL (or address) and you link to it from here. This forum gets the picture, displays it while the page is being read and then dumps it....

Sorry if you knew this and I misunderstood your question.....

galen211
02-16-2009, 11:58 AM
Dana

You don't upload pictures to this forum, Sean is NOT paying for all that storage. (Neither do most other forums.) You have to park the picture somewhere on the web. I recommend Picasaweb. It's free and you upload your pictures to it. Once the pictures are on the web, they have a URL (or address) and you link to it from here. This forum gets the picture, displays it while the page is being read and then dumps it....

Sorry if you knew this and I misunderstood your question.....

I don't upload my photos elsewhere.......

oscar
02-16-2009, 12:16 PM
So.....how do YOU post them here?

galen211
02-16-2009, 12:28 PM
When you choose to post there is a selection at the bottom for manage attachments. Browse to the folder on your computer and choose upload.

You can use a picture manager on any windows machine to size the pics correctly.

oscar
02-16-2009, 12:47 PM
Like this?

Darn... learn something new every day.....

Hey Dana, you catch all that?

Rob P
02-16-2009, 10:04 PM
Damn Oscar, you clean up pretty nice!

crazyfish
02-16-2009, 10:15 PM
Dana

You don't upload pictures to this forum, Sean is NOT paying for all that storage. (Neither do most other forums.)
Yes I am, so post away. I DO have the size limit of 800 x 800 and something like 200k file size.

Hammertime
02-19-2009, 05:24 PM
I think I can catch on if not I will let you know.
Thanks

oscar
02-19-2009, 05:28 PM
Yes I am, so post away.

You are a better man than most. Or, which one of your customers doesn't know we're "borrowing" some of his server space? ;)