PDA

View Full Version : SCC Event

Hammertime
02-15-2009, 09:24 PM
This was one of the nicest and one of the most fun events that we have been on. Great trails, super company, Was real sorry that Evan was down and out Sat. although he pulled through today. I was glad I bought chains. Although you did not need them in most instances they sure made the going easier. I was glad to be able to put faces with names I saw on the forums. Extra thanks to Mira for the extra work she put into this and putting up with all of us. looking forward the next year already. put us down on the list already. lol

thanks
Dana & Jill
Kiwi & Bezaor

MDDisco
02-16-2009, 09:11 AM
what he said.. :)

Thanks evan and company for the event. My wife asked me how were the trials.. I told her we spent 3/4 of the day looking for the "trail". It was alot of fun and thank goodness for that chainsaw. Hope to see you a Robesonia..

Frank- thanks for the tire valve
Dana- Thanks for the air ups

Drove home and had same air pressure when i left, woke up this morning and dropped @20lbs..Dunnoo??

Anyone had a program where they can re-size a batch of photos for the web all at once? if so PM your email and Ill email them to you.

Trevor
02-16-2009, 11:32 AM
Wish I could have made it, but it's lucky I didn't - the stomach bug that has been going around caught up with me Sat. night.

MD - sign up for picasaweb (http://picasa.google.com/#utm_campaign=en&utm_source=en-ha-na-us-bk&utm_medium=ha&utm_term=picassa) or similar and upload your photos to that, then post the link here.

oscar
02-16-2009, 11:59 AM
the stomach bug that has been going around caught up with me Sat. night.

You would have been fighting Evan for the outhouse.....:eek:
Better next time....

Frank84
02-16-2009, 06:37 PM
Had a great time as always! Much thanks to Evan and to everyone that did all the cooking!

After a quite a bit of winching this past weekend I took the advice of Bill and John and ordered the top of the line synthetic winch rope from Masterpull.com - sure was expensive but it is the safe way to go.

Disco96JSWB
02-16-2009, 07:11 PM
Jake and I had a great time too. Thanks to Evan and all the others who organized it. And the Roverlab RRC worked great, even without snow chains.

- Jeremy

Trevor
02-16-2009, 10:20 PM
After a quite a bit of winching this past weekend I took the advice of Bill and John and ordered the top of the line synthetic winch rope from Masterpull.com - sure was expensive but it is the safe way to go.

Sounds like the Strange Rover has seen some upgrades... winch and bumper?

Frank84
02-17-2009, 03:52 PM

Yup! I got a used ARB bumper and warn M8000 winch. Works great!

crazyfish
02-17-2009, 04:44 PM
Probably tripled the value too.

oscar
02-17-2009, 05:36 PM

Oh yes..... did serious duty on one of the humps. Drug three of four up.

Frank84
02-17-2009, 08:13 PM
Probably tripled the value too.

That is a conservative estimate. I think the floor mats I added tripled the value.

rvrsrvc
02-17-2009, 08:39 PM
Oh yes..... did serious duty on one of the humps. Drug three of four up.

Was Mr. Toad one of the 3? Curious, 'cause if I could have gone, I might have taken my 109, and was wondering if it was, um, er, superior to those coil sprung fellas.

oscar
02-17-2009, 09:01 PM
We didn't keep score. A few needed help, whether from their own winch, another winch or a tug with a strap. Three (including the Toad) needed help getting up a rocky hill. Others needed help in the deep snow. The "undefeated" were represented by coilers and a leafer. Larry did well with three chains and a bald tire. Your old RRC (with traction control?) did well. The FJ with a locking rear did well. The Defender was pretty much unstoppable.