PDA

View Full Version : Confession to make ...

mlp141
02-17-2009, 01:44 PM
I have a confession to make -- I bought a Jeep :o

I got a new Wranger Unlimited Rubicon.

It's not a Defender by any means. But, it is equipped pretty damn well.

It has Dana 44s front and rear, lockers front and rear, an electronic sway bar disconnect system to allow for greater articulation, 32” BFG MTs and dual tops (hard and soft) and a kick ass nav unit.

The wheel base is a tad long at 116", but the numbers aren't too bad: 44.4 deg for approach, 40.5 deg for departure and 20.8 break-over. Obviously, the long wheel base really hurts the break-over angle but the others are better than my Disco.

Anyway, I hope to still be accepted as part of the group. :)

Besides, the Krab lives on and in a weird way, the yet-to-be named Rubicon and the 88" are like cousins anyway.

And, the best part of it all, I can actually go off-roading again!!!

--Michael

Disco96JSWB
02-17-2009, 09:13 PM
Mike,
Jeeps are OK by me. Jake and I used to go to the monthly trail ride at Paragon and we were almost always the only Land Rover in our group, and usually the only non-Jeep too. Those Jeep guys have lots of opportunities to go on trail rides.

Let's take it to Rausch Creek and scratch it up a little!

- Jeremy

Frank84
02-17-2009, 10:07 PM
Congrats on the new truck! I second the idea of taking it to Rausch.

Rob P
02-17-2009, 11:18 PM
I got a new Wranger Unlimited Rubicon--Michael

Must have sold the Honda then?

Congrats on the Jeep. Easy monthly payments..........

galen211
02-18-2009, 08:26 AM
RC sounds good to me. A nice little camping weekend......

Of course if you do come to Robesonia we will make you park in town.

mlp141
02-19-2009, 07:44 AM
I figure to be at RC and to use the truck for what it was designed to do. Otherwise, I would have kept the Civic.

As for showing up at events in it, if someone can go to SCC in a Toyota, I should be welcome in Jeep :)