PDA

View Full Version : 90 Rrc

rvrsrvc
02-24-2009, 11:07 AM
This Rover was brought in for a diagnosis of a rough engine performance and general ck out.
The dad has decided not to continue fixing this Rover and instead look for a newer one.
It has a compression issue with the LH cylinder head which I believe is a head gasket failure. I suspect the engine still has the original shim style gaskets and could benefit from fitting the newer composite gaskets;
there is a long crank period when the engine is up to temperature which I supect is at least one leaking fuel injector;
the rear brake rotors are undersize;
one of the swivel pins has play, I just don't remember which one;
there is severe rust in the LF A- pillar and sill, evidence of rust in the rear wheel arches and I can only assume elsewhere.
It runs and drives, is shiny and straight enough.
I'd like to see it out of my yard sooner than later;
Asking $650
Trevor

galen211
02-24-2009, 01:29 PM
$5 and a pack of Big Red....:D

mlp141
02-24-2009, 01:33 PM
$6 and some Fruit Stripe Gum!

rvrsrvc
02-24-2009, 02:55 PM
I re-read the post just to make sure: It wasn't $6.50! Oh, and I'd prefer the Fruit Stripe...

Trevor
02-24-2009, 03:05 PM
Well, if this is an auction, I'm in for $7 and a pack of this (http://www.stupid.com/fun/BACG.html).

oscar
02-24-2009, 07:14 PM
You had my attention until you got to the rot...... I'm trying to stay out of the "breaker" business......

rvrsrvc
02-24-2009, 07:32 PM
It's not rot per se, more like pre-emptive drainage passages.

oscar
02-24-2009, 07:40 PM
Pre-emptive of a Delaware crossing? :D

rvrsrvc
02-24-2009, 10:30 PM
Well, it would very likely keep the wheels on the ground as it wouldn't be very bouyant (sp?), even after the engine stopped.

Rob P
02-26-2009, 09:45 PM
Can you post a picture of this marvelous machine? Color might be a deciding factor.

I'm gonna go all in and say $10 and a pack of http://www.jimbouton.com/i/chew_org.jpg

Hammertime
02-27-2009, 08:20 AM
What engine is in it?

This Rover was brought in for a diagnosis of a rough engine performance and general ck out.
The dad has decided not to continue fixing this Rover and instead look for a newer one.
It has a compression issue with the LH cylinder head which I believe is a head gasket failure. I suspect the engine still has the original shim style gaskets and could benefit from fitting the newer composite gaskets;
there is a long crank period when the engine is up to temperature which I supect is at least one leaking fuel injector;
the rear brake rotors are undersize;
one of the swivel pins has play, I just don't remember which one;
there is severe rust in the LF A- pillar and sill, evidence of rust in the rear wheel arches and I can only assume elsewhere.
It runs and drives, is shiny and straight enough.
I'd like to see it out of my yard sooner than later;
Asking $650
Trevor

crazyfish
02-27-2009, 12:13 PM
a bad leaky one.

Trevor
02-27-2009, 01:02 PM
As long as it's the orig. engine, which I imagine it is, it's a 3.9 v-belt.