PDA

View Full Version : Rear Hatch Window Pops Open

Joe
03-09-2009, 07:24 AM
Old, but frustrating problem: the rear hatch left side window latch pops open at the slightest bump. If you open the window and close the latch with your finger, it will pop open if you just touch the window. I can remove the cover, but do not know what to do mechanically to fix it. Any ideas rather than buying a new window kit? Thanks, Joe

galen211
03-10-2009, 01:15 PM
Unless I slam mine VERY hard the left side never latches on mine either. I tried messing with the pin on the body. It has two screws and can be adjusted. It may need to be closer to the window in order for the latch to fully engage.

Joe
03-11-2009, 12:54 PM
I've tried that. Seems like it is a problem with the rod/pin keeping the latch attached to the post. I'll give it another shot when it warms up...too cold for messing with it now. I'll post my results, but I am not encouraged that I can fix it.

spitfire1776
03-18-2009, 03:47 PM
Neither of mine latches. It seems that the retention plate doesn't quite rotate far enough to click OR the pin that locks the plate in place just isn't engaging the plate. It worked up until last winter. Itried lubing it, and adjusting a little to no avail. I'm going to try readjusting again.

Joe
03-19-2009, 07:59 AM
Thanks, let me know if you are successful. I do not want my greyhounds falling out the window!

oscar
03-23-2009, 09:42 AM
Bungee......

Joe
03-26-2009, 12:46 PM
Bungee......

MY bungee is being used to hold on the rear bumper of my XJ-8! Something weird about these British vehicles!