PDA

View Full Version : Parades

Rob P
03-14-2009, 05:35 PM
I went to the York St. Patricks Day Parade today and it struck me, for the second time, that we as a club should really enter a parade.

No, really, we should.

The Corvette club does it, so does a local car club named Virtual Reality and a group of guys on farm tractors named Unorganized Fellows.

We really REALLY need to look into this. Either to promote membership or just for a fun club activity. I think it would be a blast.

Thoughts?

Ivar
03-16-2009, 09:19 AM
I have often thought about that (maybe three times) as well! Since I wont be damaging my 'chick magnet for my 15 year old son' in many off road events, I need to show it off some other way.

I have even been invited by the Chester County Cruisers to bring it to their monthly car show in a strip mall parking lot near us, but the rover wont look good parked next to a hearse kitted out with subwoofers and flashing neon lights.

So a club parade is what we need! I dont have ideas, but can do some google searches.

Ivar

derekdilks
03-19-2009, 11:53 AM
ahhh the Vette people... What parade or car show aren't those guys in. I'm surprised they haven't tried to crash Robisonia (not judging) :)

crazyfish
03-19-2009, 02:52 PM
I don't know about you guys, but every time I drive the Short Bus down a single lane road with hills, I start a parade behind me.

87xj95disco
03-19-2009, 05:09 PM
i wouldnt mind going to one or two
give us something else to do between robesoina spring and fall
why not
lets do this as a club

Rob P
03-19-2009, 09:55 PM
lets do this as a club

Thats what I'm saying. Besides, it's kinda hard to justify doing it as a single person. ( My float's name is "ME")