PDA

View Full Version : Sand blasting

LC Rover
03-29-2009, 01:54 PM
Inherited some new to me x-mod rims from Neil. Does anyone know of a sandblasting company in the Philadelphia area that would do this type of small volume work?

crazyfish
03-29-2009, 05:07 PM
Evan has a cabinet, as well as Ray, a friend of mine. Plastic Media Blasting of Furlong uses, well, plastic that is better than sand.

LC Rover
03-29-2009, 05:29 PM
Missed u yesterday, nice turn out. Lots of new faces. Hook me up with Ray, he sounds like he is closer than Evan. I liberated a press from the business that I formerly worked. If anyone has a need to press bushing in or out, yell. Later

Landy7205
05-22-2009, 09:56 PM
I just dropped of some pieces to Delco Powder Coating in Clifton Heights, PA this past Monday. I'm having an old rusty rear tire carrier and small pieces blasted and then powder coated black.

Looks like a small shop but they seem very busy. I spoke with the owner & one of his employees. Very nice people and answered all my questions. I'll let you know how things look when I pick up the parts next week. If they do a good job they will be doing the tunnel cover and rusty bulk head cowling. next. That will be the real test. I was also excited to see they have a near perfect Pastel Green color.

rvrsrvc
05-22-2009, 10:30 PM
What brand is the coating? I just finished a project for Ivar on his Pastel Green Series, and the color looked perfect in the catalog, but the finished product was off a little. Admittedly, the paint on the car was 19 years old- doesn't look it-and I end up having the most offensive contrasting powdercoated parts painted, with a much better result.

scatterling
05-23-2009, 06:05 AM
....hey Mr. rvrsrvc, don't make it obvious but I need you to slowly look over at your number of posts. :eek:
- ixsay ixsay ixsay.....otnay oodgay!!
Quick post anything!!!

(Disclaimer: ....on the other hand, if you have already posted elsewhere, and are only finding this now, then the whole 666 thing makes no sense and I look a little insane :D )

Landy7205
05-28-2009, 03:51 PM
RAL 6019 Pastel Green.......we'll see, this afternoon I dropped off the tunnel cover, cover bellhousing, boot retainer, and 4wd base plate for the pastel green powdercoat.

It's looks close from the samples, however who knows?....it could be off. The black pieces came out great. I had an old beat up rear spare tire carrier done...it now looks brand new. I'll get some pics up as soon as I get my hands on a camera.

Landy7205
05-30-2009, 12:09 AM
Before & after powder coating, Rear Spare Carrier.

I went with the Matte Black.....thought that the gloss would just be too shiny and nice looking for a series.

Ren Ching
06-02-2009, 01:43 PM
668...the Neighbor of the Beast :)

btw

I have a NAS defender rear tire carrier that I would like to sandblast. Anyone got any leads on a good place to do so within an hours drive of DC?

thanks
Dave

....hey Mr. rvrsrvc, don't make it obvious but I need you to slowly look over at your number of posts. :eek:
- ixsay ixsay ixsay.....otnay oodgay!!
Quick post anything!!!

(Disclaimer: ....on the other hand, if you have already posted elsewhere, and are only finding this now, then the whole 666 thing makes no sense and I look a little insane :D )

Landy7205
06-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Just picked up the tunnel cover and bellhousing. They did a great job, but RAL 6019 Pastel Green is not Land Rover Pastel Green. Too light.

Tom109
06-11-2009, 11:33 AM
I asked the local auto parts place if there was local sand blaster, he gave me a name and vague directions. Turns out he's less than 2 miles from home, and blasted my 2.25 manifold on the spot for $25.

I'm not suggesting you come all the way to Frenchtown, but you may find somebody 'close' if you ask around...

Tom P.

LC Rover
06-11-2009, 02:45 PM
Just might take you up on your blaster....good excuse to take the hood off the 88 and head over your way...is there a better way to spend a afternoon ...then stop by a local watering hole by the river for a cold one...and only one. I don't have a DD.