PDA

View Full Version : Por 15

Trevor
04-21-2009, 07:54 PM
Where do people buy it?

I know I can get it easily online, but I was wondering if anyone has found it locally. Any autoparts stores that carry it?

I'd appreciate any tips.

Thanks

Disco96JSWB
04-21-2009, 09:58 PM
Quadratec, the Jeep parts place here in West Chester, sells it over the counter, but I found the best price on eBay.

- Jeremy

roverthen
04-22-2009, 09:30 AM
NAPA usually carries it. I never seen it anywhere else.

sven
04-22-2009, 09:31 AM
Yeah Ive bought POR15 on ebay too.

Eastwoodco.com is another good source of anti-rust paint. They sell a product called Rust Encapsulator. Works very well and is a little cheaper than POR. Plus they are located in PA too.

Frank84
04-22-2009, 03:31 PM
There are two separate "mom and pop" auto parts stores in my area that sell it. I haven't compared prices but I ordered it straight from POR-15 which is based in NJ. I bought the kit with the prep chemicals and top coat to try it out. Works well, just follow the directions. A small can of it goes a long way - I'd estimate a pint would put one thin coat on a range rover chassis.

According to the POR-15 employee that I spoke to on the phone, this stuff has a shelf life of about 2 years so he suggested using it before then. Also, after you open the can it is best to use it all up or try to re-seal and use it "soon". Buying a couple smaller cans might be better depending on the project. I felt better ordering it directly since I'd have no idea how long it was on the autoparts store shelf. Plus, they're very helpful on the phone if you have questions.

scatterling
04-22-2009, 04:54 PM
I have used the Eastwood Rust Encapsulator with good results. As for the POR 15, I bought the black 'Rust Bullet' for my axles. If I recall it was cheaper than the 15. Almost no prep and the stuff is very strong!!

Trevor
04-24-2009, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the info everyone. I checked the local NAPA and they don't carry it...

...so the wonderful world wide web it is.

I think I might try the Eastwood stuff.

Thanks again,

Trevor